GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Limited Slip Differential, who is running one?

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
I'm days away from going APR Stage 2 (just need to get flashed from Stage 1 to Satge 2, hardware is in place) on my GTI and wondering how I am going to cope with the additional torque with a one-wheel-wonder.

I have seen major improvements going from open diff to a good limited slip differential on my rear wheel drive cars and am wondering if the swap is as much benefit on the FWD platform.

I did a search, but found very little. Also I may upgrade the clutch while I'm into it.

Mike_1

sublime,civilized,insane
im no expert but im gonna say yes it is, having both wheels putting down the power will limit the way the cars pull to the right

forzajuve

Forza Azzurri!
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
If I didn't have my Peloquin Diff. my car would be allover the place... it definately helps with traction control. Doesn't completely eliminate the wheelspin, but it is manageable...

utekineir

Banned
I did a search, but found very little. Also I may upgrade the clutch while I'm into it.

would be the best way to do it, would save a bunch on labor, or even your own time if doing it yourself

not so sure stage 2 really is requiring of an lsd power wise though

phil and the poster above him have far more power than your typical s2 or s2+

FalmouthMK5

Ready to race!
I have the Peloquin in my car. Great mod, although I'm not sure it'd be worth it for a s2/s2+ car ... maybe though

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for the replies guys. I realize the more power one has the more a LSD will be needed to use that power. I have Koni coilovers and Dunlop Direzza Z1 tires which do grab pretty good so far.

My experience with RWD vehicles is that in any vehicle with more than modest power a LSD makes a lot of sense if you drive anything like aggresive anytime. And in limited traction conditions I concider a LSD mandatory for my own RWD vehicles.

I will give the stock peg-leg diff a few months trial at Stage 2 and see if it suits my needs. I'm good at making clutches last, but once she slips it is upgrade time, and a LSD will be high on my want list too!

tsigli

Ready to race!
i would get BSH mounts before getting ready to get an expensive lsd ... the mounts plus ur tires are all u need for stage 2 and stage 2+

Car(s)
08 VW GTI GKV
Does a lsd help greatly in the winter? I'm tired of trying to pull a right turn into traffic and have to stop, reverse, and try again since all the right does is spin.

crypto

Crypto-Designs.com
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
get the LSD, very much worth getting. I know what you mean about the "one-wheel-wonder" i hate that one wheel spins out so much.

If you don't already, you should pick up a decent clutch and install that while you're doing the LSD. Might as well cut down on labor costs and do them both at the same time