GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another VW Sales rep here to answer questions!

Gyntry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
Hey Binky, so I just picked up an '08 GTI, very happy with it, etc. However, went to get the car detailed before winter here and they pointed out a well concealed strip of %^#&'ing duct tape on my driver's side side view mirror. Had the car all of a week. Should I be going back to the dealer to fix this or is it my problem now?

Gyntry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
Just an FYI, this was covered under the CPL...

WombRaider

Trade down my 2009 GTI

I lost my job soon after I purchased my 2009 GTI. The payments are killing me now and I'd like to reduce them as much as possible. Would VW allow me to trade down to a rabbit (pre owned?) or somthing cheaper? Is this a smart move or do I just have to deal with what I've gotten myself into?!

If it helps, it's a 09 UG 6MT with the huffs, mats, iPod, sunroof and it has less than 9000 miles. I'm sure you'll need to know what I owe (or the buyout quote?) as well...

All Salesperson's advice is much appreciated!

Cheers.

sntmods

Ready to race!
If you dont want to deal with the finance company on this one (repossession or refinancing for a longer term -> lower payment) you can always trade it in for a much less expensive vehicle or for more favorable finance terms at a dealer. Since you will likely have no equity (current vehicle positive value towards the next vehicle purchase) when doing the trade, you may need to come up with a downpayment to cover the negative equity caused by the trade.

I suggest you try to refinance for a longer term loan to help reduce your monthly payments.

WombRaider

This all makes sense. I'm currently in a 60 month term and my rate is below 2%. I doubt I could improve my rate, I may be able to extend my term to 72 mos...

If I were to trade down to a used Rabbit (07 or 08), would that significantly reduce my rate??

sntmods

Ready to race!
This all makes sense. I'm currently in a 60 month term and my rate is below 2%. I doubt I could improve my rate, I may be able to extend my term to 72 mos...

If I were to trade down to a used Rabbit (07 or 08), would that significantly reduce my rate??

How many miles do you have on your GTI? How many months have you owned it and what is your current payoff?

GermanInfluence

Ready to race!
You lost your job.

You aren't going to be able to refi unless you lie to the finance company and say that you have a job. To be able to do that you need to have AMAZING credit.

ruanj0302

Ready to race!
do you think i can get lower price than this one??

Volkswagen GTI
4dr HB Man
Manual w/OD
Price 22809.0
Price Comments Price Quoted ($22,809) = Invoice Price ($24,089.00 includes Options [$486.00]) + Dealer Offset from Invoice (-$780.00) - Dealer Cash ($500.00) - Incentives ($0.00)

Options Name: INTERLAGOS, CLOTH SEAT TRIM (XE) CANDY WHITE (B4B4) STANDARD PAINT (-PAINT) REAR SIDE AIRBAGS (4X4) BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY (9W2) SELECTED INCENTIVE Manufacturer-to-Dealer Incentive

Color 1 Candy White (ext) Titan Black (int)

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I've done a bit of Googling, but can't find much.

I'm curious what I'm looking at with the end of my lease in October. I would love to buy the car, but am not sure what sort of fees VW will try to hit me with and if I'll have to then make another down payment on the financed residual.

I've read of lease end fees and hundreds if not thousands of dollars in wear and tear items at the lease end and it's scaring the crap out of me. What happens if I can't afford to pay $1,000+ come time to turn my car in? Do dealers usually work with people to finance a new car or a buy-out of the current one?

Thanks!

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
I've done a bit of Googling, but can't find much.

I'm curious what I'm looking at with the end of my lease in October. I would love to buy the car, but am not sure what sort of fees VW will try to hit me with and if I'll have to then make another down payment on the financed residual.

I've read of lease end fees and hundreds if not thousands of dollars in wear and tear items at the lease end and it's scaring the crap out of me. What happens if I can't afford to pay $1,000+ come time to turn my car in? Do dealers usually work with people to finance a new car or a buy-out of the current one?

Thanks!

There are a couple of things to consider. Usually there is a "disposition" or return fee (~350) if you just return the car. It is usually waived if you get into something new instead.

If you want to buy out the car, it should be your residual + tax, license, and a smog/safety inspection. I'm not sure if it's different in your state but that is how it works here. Excess wear and tear only matters if you DON'T buy out the lease.

Hope this answers your questions!

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
thanks for help binky.

If I buy the car I'm hoping to roll over into the finance as painlessly as possible though... do they usually help out with this transition or am I looking at practically buying a new used car at this point, having to make a downpayment and such?

I'm scared of having to throw a few thousand dollars at VW just to keep my car :frown:

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
If you have good credit you probably won't have to put anything down. Rarely do we require down payments when people do lease buyouts at our dealership.