GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mein Mädchen gibt dem bösen Blick

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
thats looking awesome, but its gonna be rock-chip heaven haha clear-bra that shit!

I had set the appointment for just a few days after the paint cures. the shop told me that really I shouldn't be waxing or polishing for 90 days after delivery and that there could be a chance the shield could cause damage if applied too soon. However a lot of people have done it and gotten away with it... I canceled my appointment and am going to wait just a bit. Of corse the roads have the most sand and gravel on them that they will all year right now!

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
holiday joy!

All I have is pics... she looks good and I couldn't be more thrilled. I am in a state of shock still and have either been driving, eating, staring out the window at her and snapping pics all day. While the car was getting worked on I had a chance to twist my coils all the way down for the new stance.

I will put up a proper photo shoot in the future and will cross link the threads and post flickr set of the entire build with more pics then this. Power mods are next coupled with engine dress. There is a big show in july nearby and just cannot wait to get ready for it over this winter.

Last edited:

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
That is some clean work. Makes the front end of the car look pissed off lol. I love it!

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
someone asked if the hood was difficult to open... not at all! It's crazy how natural and OEM the hood feels. edges are smooth and ends are bulbed out a bit just like factory.

BTW the total extension along the grille is 1 3/4". Eyelids section is very minimal as seen in the pics. Almost opposite of the add on eyelids people have been using for the boser look. All the expression is in the inner non hid light (what is the proper name for that light?).

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looks like this...

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
oh, and red stripe ---> white.
and koolwhip wheels.

I have my stripe from my stock grille that I will paint once I PC my calipers gloss black. Until then I decided to stick with a little bit of red on the exterior.

Already have plans for that look! Koolwhip's car inspired me with my project quite a bit. There is more shaving and blending to come....

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
storm trooper is what I was thinking too... :rolleyes: ... I ended up with more of something like this:

I may vinyl the hood and roof for fun this summer... was kinda thinking of having this die cut into the roof just for kicks:

Cheers to all for the kind words! I am excited to keep building this car and hope to raise the bar just a little bit...

Last edited: