GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT: Recommended applications for Iphone

isaw

Banned
What's the best jail break program for 3gs so i can add sms sounds?

blackra1n.com thats the JB.

install cydia, then search for sms tone. there are a few in there, I use the blackberry one currently :) you cant easily add your own, but there is a app that does it called anyring.

bwen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
I haven't got many game apps, just mainly SBSettings and Winterboard. I like customising my phone's appearence :)

Dynolicious is pretty good, other games that do sit on my phone though are Texas Hold'em poker, Solitaire, Doodle Jump, Real Racing, Flight Control

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
It was much more fun to customise my HTC, had a bit more control.

Can Apple tell you've JB the phone? I've heard varying reports but think they can? Only care about it for warranty purposes.

isaw

Banned
no, they cant tell.

if your worried flash it back to stock before you take it in for service ;)

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I heard they can still tell?

It would be nice to have more shortcut type things for bluetooth on/off so my be worth JB'ing it, as well as something as bloody basic as your own ring tones..

jeloz

VW4Life
Guys - check this app - Trapster - i have just downloaded it and cant wait to try it as i have about 100km to do today!

http://www.trapster.com/iphone.php

Trapster is a free APP that alerts you as you approach a police speed trap!

HOW DOES TRAPSTER WORK?

When you see a trap, report it by pressing a button on your phone, or calling a toll free number. Other user's phones will alert them as they approach the trap. Trapster learns the credibility of traps based on how many users agree. It also learns the credibility of each user, over time.

* iPhone
* BlackBerry
* Android (the TMobile G1 and others)
* Nokia N95, N96, N97, 5800, E71, and other Symbian s60 phones
* Unlocked J2ME phones with GPS (for example the TMobile Sony Ericsson W370)
* Palm Pre and Windows Mobile versions coming soon!

Love it!!

Jeloz

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
wow trapster sounds good.
does it stay on all the time and alert u real time?
i've just downloaded it but won't have a chance to try it out till later....

*edit* ok i just actually installed it and it answered my questions :) push notification of speed traps sounds good! :)

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
I have Trapster, it works very well once you set it up so you aren't getting notifications every 2 seconds but like anything that uses GPS on the iphone its useless without a charger because you'll be flat in less than an hour. I like that you can report stuff as well and its live for accidents etc, can also use your google maps routing at same time and listen to music etc.

isaw

Banned
I heard they can still tell?

It would be nice to have more shortcut type things for bluetooth on/off so my be worth JB'ing it, as well as something as bloody basic as your own ring tones..

JB is pure software, and if you reload the stock software they cant tell!

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Do you need to sign up or login to use trapster, or does it still work?

You need to sign up to report cameras etc but otherwise i don't think i did when i first just tried it out. Login is auto when you start the app.

Whats this city lights app... can't find it on app store?

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
but do u need to be in the trapster app and logged in for it to work?
i drove passed the well known traffic camera on elgar road this afternoon after i had installed the app and i didn't get any warning.
well not that i noticed anyway...