GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT: Recommended applications for Iphone

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
but do u need to be in the trapster app and logged in for it to work?
i drove passed the well known traffic camera on elgar road this afternoon after i had installed the app and i didn't get any warning.
well not that i noticed anyway...

Oh sorry yes the app needs to be actively running for the alerts etc to work.... thus the battery drain!

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
but do u need to be in the trapster app and logged in for it to work?
i drove passed the well known traffic camera on elgar road this afternoon after i had installed the app and i didn't get any warning.
well not that i noticed anyway...

Oh sorry yes the app needs to be actively running for the alerts etc to work.... thus the battery drain!

Badboy: Ahh lol i thought it was just some cool backgrounds program

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion

ahh I see. lucky I have a car charger then! :)

*edit* for some reason I didn't have the program open this morning but it still sent a popup telling me of a police camera on bulleen rd? (nowhere near my house) doesn't make sense.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
doesn't make sense that apps can't run in the background (compared to win mobile) but is a lot more basic and easy, and saves manually ending tasks all the time which if pretty tedious.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
ahh I see. lucky I have a car charger then! :)

*edit* for some reason I didn't have the program open this morning but it still sent a popup telling me of a police camera on bulleen rd? (nowhere near my house) doesn't make sense.

As in you got like a sms notification? I think if you have notifications turned on then it will send you alerts for anything new reported that day. I don't bother with notifications, too annoying. You can also go to the trapster website and using their map you can actually define a set area that you commonly drive in so you only get reports for that area.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I didn't see any the other day when i was driving - doesn't seem that popular or reliable yet, if they are only there seldom. But nice app! I noticed it can seem to integrate with bluetooth if your setup supports a2dp?

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
As in you got like a sms notification? I think if you have notifications turned on then it will send you alerts for anything new reported that day. I don't bother with notifications, too annoying. You can also go to the trapster website and using their map you can actually define a set area that you commonly drive in so you only get reports for that area.

yeah that's right, like an sms notification
i kept getting them all day.
i've now turned off notifications as u've suggested.
keep forgetting to turn this app on as i start the car and drive off. think it will become one of those that i have but don't use much....

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys, finally got around to unlocking my iphone so have to restore it now and may as well jail break it and try it out. Are there any negatives in doing this, and will everything else work as it did before?

Cheers,

ps Fling Free is ok, i found when it prompts to buy it you can hit new game-cancel-resume game.

The flashlight app is a bit crap as it doesn't go to the brightest setting.

badboy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GOLF GTI MK V
Well I jail beaked my phone using blackrain which is the lastest and I'm so happy I did as the applications offered by other people for free are far better than most itunes store stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Sbqeza78o

Watch all the youtube videos by this guy as he shows you some amazing stuff and how you can customize your phone. PM me if you have questions

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Is it true that Apple can ban your phone if you use itunes after jail breaking? Could be something to look out for?

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Is it true that Apple can ban your phone if you use itunes after jail breaking? Could be something to look out for?

Definitely not true! There is no way to tell. There is no harm in jail breaking your iPhone. The only time there is a risk, is when you unlock the iPhone, it requires a certain version of modem firmware, if it is different or later than the cracked version, it can cause complications and in some cases, permanently brick the iPhone or cause the WiFi & SIM to be greyed out.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Any apps that let you track GPS location, avg. speed, distance & time etc. then export to google maps? Say if you don't trust your missus (just kidding for mountain bike rides/running etc).

Cheers,

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
There is some... i can't remember the name now (very useful i know) but a mate posted a link in his facebook page from his running training and the phone tracked all of that and overlaid it on a google map. Maybe search for training or running apps?

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Definitely not true! There is no way to tell. There is no harm in jail breaking your iPhone. The only time there is a risk, is when you unlock the iPhone, it requires a certain version of modem firmware, if it is different or later than the cracked version, it can cause complications and in some cases, permanently brick the iPhone or cause the WiFi & SIM to be greyed out.
what about all those viruses getting around now??

apparantly jailbroken iphones are getting rickrolled now HAHAHAHAHAHAH