GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Devil's Own Direct Port Water Meth Injection (And some gold)

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Yeah, it does get that way...The suspension has been in completed in different stages since like tuesday of last week. Tuesday had some buddies over to ride ATV's/dirtbikes and they helped me lift it in the air, wednesday had the rear off, thursday I test fitted the rears and checked the ride height, Friday I had a party out here so I got nothing done, Saturday I worked on it all day except 4.5 hrs when I had to work and got most everything done except the fronts since I sheared one of the ball joint bolts, Sunday I did nothing because of family get together and my neices 2nd birthday party, today I installed the end-links, neuspeed pulley, neuspeed discharge pipe, the Passat washers/bolts for the subframe, and a charcoal in cabin filter.

Hopefully ECS will get around to shipping me those new ball joints, but I have not seen a tracking number yet so I am worried. I am going to take the old one to the shop tomorrow and press the old stud out and replace it with a bolt in the meantime so I can sit it on the ground tomorrow night and check the ride height (assuming Snobrdrdan doesn't get his ATP DP, but if he does we are going to install it on a lift at the shop).

I have one gallon of Meth left, should be enough to do a bunch of logs. Then order some more from summitracing to get me through a few weeks while I source a meth supplier, get a gas dolly (I am going to put my water/meth in one of those so I can have a shit ton of in my garage at one time), and mix my own!

And by the time I am done with the suspension and hopefully logging, the BSH mounts will get here and I will post a review here :biggrin:...well...in a new thread of course.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I ordered from ecs this weekend too and still no tracking # hmm. I like working in stages like you did with your suspension. When i fully detail the car i break it up into two separate 4 hour days. Much easier chilling and having no worries like that.

I also learned not to over mod your daily driver like that ;)

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
heh I bought an 86 325ES as a daily after the mod bug bit... but it cost as much to fix as the MKV so I got the MKI and honestly its not a bad car to beat around when the MKV is down but unfortunately my latest round wasn't planned for and the 84 was in the midst of some body work that I now can't afford to complete for a while longer so I get to rock the car without a hatch... and several bare metal areas. Just glad it doesn't rain here.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
:lol:

Figures shit like that would happen huh?

I was think about getting a MK1 with a deisel just a MPG machine, but havent dropped the cash yet...probably a good DD though.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
well the best thing about the MKI is just about any minor issue is usually $20 and 20min to fix and major issues usually don't exceed a couple hundred. Kinda expecting the 1.8 to go belly up here pretty soon but I can snag an ABA for $200 when it does.

utekineir

Banned
I was think about getting a MK1 with a deisel just a MPG machine, but havent dropped the cash yet...probably a good DD though.

i had a hand me down mk1 diesel as a daily for a couple years back awhile ago,

Unless you don't drive on the highway you really don't want a mk1 diesel as a daily compared to the mkv. Its fun to boot around in but you only get 40 ish mpg and they're pretty much unsafe on the highway since you can barely hit 65 downhill.

stick with the possible 30+ mpg in the mkv at the same speeds as the mk1 and ability to keep up with traffic, airbags, etc. The tdi engines are a different story, but imo the original mk1 diesel doesn't have enough positives nowdays.

Though if you really want a project folks are looking to get rid of the one I had. It runs, but the interior is in awful shape due to a leak letting water in every time it rained and me living too far away to do anything about it.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Finally got my lazy ass outside and ran some logs.

First one, 93 Octane mode, No Meth (Notice IAT's for comparison to Meth On, and 200+ g/s after 4900 RPM :happyanim:):

Second one, 100 octane mode, Water injection only (NOT METH), Notice the difference in IAT's, the runs were back to back at the same ambient temp:

I have also seen some misfire codes when the meth was totally off, which leads me to believe that the pre-direct port block check valve isnt stopping the meth from sucking into the manifold under vacuum (no misfires under boost...). Also, Meth consumption is pretty high IMO (one gallon takes about 4-5 days when I fill it, roughly 200 miles).

I have never had an issue with my coil packs or anything...but maybe it is just them? I don't know.

Sorry it took so long to update. I will get some meth again and rerun logs. Also, I will verify and fix my "misfire" issue as well. Here is my list for fixing the misfire issue:

1. Pull and check coils, clean, replace if necessary (With Okada Plasma if bad)
2. Pull and check plugs, clean, replace if necessary
3. remove valve cover and check for PCV buildup (I let my catch can get too full once)
4. BSH VTA catch can so this crap doesnt happen again...
5. Clean head if needed and replace valve cover with EJ
6. If head dirty, then remove intake manifold and reclean valves
7. Turn off all Meth to see the effect (seal the system off from the pump)
8. Check valves closer to direct port injectors (in case vacuum is sucking in meth and causing misfire)
9. Solenoid to control direct port injectors on/off function

I think that I can optimize the system more once the misfire is gone and I get Meth instead of just distilled water. I will continue to update this even though most people have probably lost interest...lol

SDM

Ready to race!
This is a great thread, thanks for all the feedback !!

Just for a direct comparison could you compare '93 Octane' with and without w/m, too many changes when comparing 93 to 100 Octane. Would like to see how much the timing advances due to the w/m, not the software etc..

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
This is a great thread, thanks for all the feedback !!

Just for a direct comparison could you compare '93 Octane' with and without w/m, too many changes when comparing 93 to 100 Octane. Would like to see how much the timing advances due to the w/m, not the software etc..

Will Do!

i haven't lost interest... you are helping me decide/inform me on whether or not to bother with direct port or not when installing w/m... great write up really, take your time!

Thanks for the kind words, in time I will have more definitive results because it is quite easy to turn on/off the W/M for me :thumbsup: So when the car is in tip top shape (ie no misfiring, even in vacuum) I can do a quick A to B on the road anytime.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Looks good. Your g/s are way higher by 4500 with the WI and 100 file. Much more power. I like your IAT's and lack of timing pull as well. Good work would like to see it with meth/wi once you get it fine tuned.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Still needs work though, I am sitting here wishing I had a heated garage. And I didn't have to join a conference call for work at 9pm. Boo.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Still needs work though, I am sitting here wishing I had a heated garage. And I didn't have to join a conference call for work at 9pm. Boo.

Agreed still needs work but still an improvement only going to get better. Think your going to have more tweaking due to the direct port.