GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17" Momo Winter Wheels INFO

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Just got these from Discount Tire (for free --because they scratched my stock wheels)

But they're on clearance right now for around $400 SHIPPED from www.DiscountTireDirect.com
***I see they're $444 SHIPPED right now on ebay.....but they usually take 5% every now & then and go for ~$418 SHIPPED.
If you call to order....they even had $50 off a set of wheels sale & could get them for $370 SHIPPED for the set!!!***

But they are 17 x 7
5x112
45 offset

Weight is 22.5 pounds each

Stock Denvers weighed in at 26 pounds each

Made for our car because they are hubcentric (no hub rings needed)

Went with the General UHP in 225/45/17 for the tires (21 pounds each).

The Wheel/Tire combination weighs in at 43 pounds.

They're obviously not the lightest but they're lighter than stock, were free, & I think they look sharp

Quick after install pics:

Stock wheel weight:

Small update:

The wheel/tire combination weighs in at "only" 43 pounds!

And I changed out the silver "MOMO Winter" to chrome "MOMO Italy" caps. They match the chome valve stems & chrome lug nuts.

Before:

Last edited:

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
they look good dude :thumbsup:
i wouldve tried to get the money to buy replacement oem rims (just cause they're a lot more) and wouldve ended up buyin whatever i wanted.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
they look good dude :thumbsup:
i wouldve tried to get the money to buy replacement oem rims (just cause they're a lot more) and wouldve ended up buyin whatever i wanted.

Well they were only going to "refinish" my stock wheels & he said that would've costed like $125/wheel

So I took that "credit" of $500 & had them buy me 5 of these Momo wheels instead (1 extra as a spare :biggrin:)

Mind you, I already have winter/snow tires.

AND that way....I have a bolt on winter setup (with the stock rims) & a bolt on summer setup.
Instead of paying $40 in the winter & $40 in the spring to swap the tires to the stock wheels (and possibly damage them each time)

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
Well they were only going to "refinish" my stock wheels & he said that would've costed like $125/wheel

So I took that "credit" of $500 & had them buy me 5 of these Momo wheels instead (1 extra as a spare :biggrin:)

Mind you, I already have winter/snow tires.

AND that way....I have a bolt on winter setup (with the stock rims) & a bolt on summer setup.
Instead of paying $40 in the winter & $40 in the spring to swap the tires to the stock wheels (and possibly damage them each time)

gotcha, yeah if they were just gonna re-finish them then fuck it... its great having a full bolt on set too. that's where im @ now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
gotcha, yeah if they were just gonna re-finish them then fuck it... its great having a full bolt on set too. that's where im @ now.

Exactly!!!
One word: "FREE"

(it's amazing what "complaining"/speaking your mind can get you!!!)

They're lighter than stock & they were free....no complaints here! :thumbsup:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
Not bad, especially for FREEEEEEEE

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Pretty decent for free! Those tires look huge though, a 225 tire on a 7 inch rim is ginormous! I guess it depends on what you are looking for, but I would have gone with a 215, or a 205 for a little stretch.

MEGADIRK

LegoStarWars
Car(s)
MKV GTi
Or you can buy my Denvers with tires already on them. Sorry to thread jack but it seemed relevant. :thumbup:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Pretty decent for free! Those tires look huge though, a 225 tire on a 7 inch rim is ginormous! I guess it depends on what you are looking for, but I would have gone with a 215, or a 205 for a little stretch.

Yeah...but that's the stock tire though (225/45/17)

My stock Denvers were 17 x 7.5 and some of the other Denvers were only 17 x 7 too....so it doesn't matter

And 215/45/17 would've taken me to a smaller overall diameter & (eventually) more miles on my car since it'd be making more revolutions

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Small update:

The wheel/tire combination weighs in at "only" 43 pounds!

And I changed out the silver "MOMO Winter" to chrome "MOMO Italy" caps, lol. They match the chome valve stems & chrome lug nuts.

Before:

Geeter

Paddle Shift Junkie
How have the Momo's held up? I saw them for 105 a piece at discount and I am thinking of getting them to replace my denvers....................