GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REVO Stage One - messed up MFD on MKV

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
To clarify a few things.

First off the Revo flash is no way possibly responsible for this. It is actually impossible for the flash to do what you describe.

Saturday I actually answered my personal cell phone on the way to meet my GF for dinner and helped the best I possibly could while driving down the road (speaker phone) and not having the car in front of me. At that time I clearly stated that Revo had nothing to do with this, I certainly did not confirm that Revo caused this because it could not have. Your dealer is one of only a few who have my personal cell phone which I will answer at any hour of the day for those that have it, I'm not sure how going above and beyond is something to get mad at us about.

I then also spent 20 minutes on the phone the other day during normal work hours with him trying to assist him in straightening out your car, again an issue that had nothing to do with the flash. I gave him all of the info I had to check into a possibly coding issue in a module unrelated to the engine and he could not find anything. There are hundreds of possible changes that could be made and there is no way for anyone to remotely figure that out. My suggestion was to take it to the dealer.

Why did I suggest taking it to the dealer? Well because I have actually seen this before, not in one of the thousands of cars we have flashed since it has never occurred before on a flashed car but on a stock A3 when I was working at a dealership. I actually noticed it when I got in the car and was checking the in mileage. I asked the service writer why this wasn't on there as a complaint and they called the customer. The customer never noticed it. At this point all i had done since the car was dropped off was open the door and sit down, so clearly it didn't just happen since coming in for other work.

I had my laptop on me so i first went in and checked all the long coding on any related modules. I could not find anything out of the ordinary. The 5052 coding changes are very limited but actually good in that sense because it asks you questions eliminates 90% of the options that don't apply and just sets the coding for you. So I went in and I wish i could remember if it was the cluster or the convenience module or what but did the guided functions procedure of recoding whatever module was the problem. Exited out and it was fixed.

The only guess I had at the time and guess I have now is that the car was for some reason coded for RH drive. The car does not necessarily see left and right it sees which drivers door has all the master controls (I forget what that module part number is). Something in the coding tells the car then that this car is left hand or right hand drive. From there when it sees that the door with that module is open all it is telling the car is that the "driver" door is open. the cluster and other modules then take that however they need it and like in this case the cluster needs it for the display. The display will if coded for the wrong drive side in whatever module show the wrong door then. This is why your rear doors show correctly, which was the same as the A3 I saw.

So as I said the dealer is your best bet to sort this because they are the best equipped to easily do so. The Revo flash had nothing to possibly do with this but we are more then willing to continue to go above and beyond to help resolve this issue.

The link to our contact info was already listed and has always been on our site. This office is actually a sales and support only office for our dealers and customers in North and South America. We do no retail sales out of this location and are in 9-5 eastern for the sole purpose of answering questions and directing customers to dealers. After hours all of our dealers have at least one of our cell phone numbers. We do the work our dealers make the sale is how we look at it. Just so you have it again the number is (770) 271 4726 and our main US contact email is ussales@revotechnik.com. If the person answering that email cannot help they forward it on to whoever can.

Now time for the customer, to clarify a few things...

First off, lets keep it professional here. And slow the flames down here a bit.

I believe that tone on sites is often hard to decipher.

I do not believe the customer is always right, but something further needs done here. Here goes more of my time...damn.

With that said and bottom-line:

BEFORE Revo Flash, proper MFD display of all doors, minutes AFTER Revo flash improper MFD display.

Mad no, curious yes wanting a fix, how could I not?

You wrote:

"Your dealer is one of only a few who have my personal cell phone which I will answer at any hour of the day for those that have it, I'm not sure how going above and beyond is something to get mad at us about."

I appreciate that, however am seeking answers here, not misdirection of blame or excuses. I want resolution and am asking on this forum if anyone else has experienced this, because as you know I have an issue.

You also said:

"This office is actually a sales and support only office for our dealers and customers in North and South America. We do no retail sales out of this location and are in 9-5 eastern for the sole purpose of answering questions and directing customers to dealers." "After hours all of our dealers have at least one of our cell phone numbers. We do the work our dealers make the sale is how we look at it. Just so you have it again the number is (770) 271 4726 and our main US contact email is ussales@revotechnik.com. If the person answering that email cannot help they forward it on to whoever can."

Right, you are aware of my problem and I appreciate you following up here. Not sure how the above will help as you mentioned, "sole purpose of answering questions and directing customers to dealers, If the person answering that email cannot help they forward it on to whoever can" Like I said, its starting to be a bit much time...catch 22? I am sure you can appreciate that fact, as you received the call from my installer on Saturday. I am now writing you during my business hours.

On a side note, the installer was def a good guy, and I will/would work with and recommend him in the future....just looking for a solution here. Anyone?

Chris, I understand you run a business, and I believe the forum is to seek out other folks who have had issues as well...good or bad.

I have per your suggestion and as mentioned taken it to the dealer, they said "it was not a quick fix, have never seen this before" and recommended I schedule a full appointment, so they can "investigate". This does not sound like the way to go, considering I now have Revo software in my car. Are you still suggesting I do this?

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn man, Chris just went waaaay above and beyond for you. You should be grateful and ask the mods to change the thread name to "Why is my MFD messed up?" rather than "revo fucked my shit up" because it def. didn't.

Hey man,

Right you are my original title was supposed to have a ?, it got cut off.

So - " REVO Stage One - messed up MFD on MKV? " was intended.

But to say, "revo fucked my shit up" because it def. didn't." I am not so sure, as I witnessed first hand cause and effect the MFD behavior. :( Sorry man, I don't think its that simple.

MADgolFER

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 MkV
op sorry this happened and you are not getting the usual revo experience. i sincerely hope that you can resolve it. i also had a problem with mfd where it would not display anything at all after the car had been off for few hours. also had battery problem where the car would lose all, i mean all, of its power after its been turned off. i pulled the battery for about an hour and all the problems disappeared :iono: so pulling the battery and letting everything discharge and reset may help...

chacho_25

Ready to race!
Hey man,

Right you are my original title was supposed to have a ?, it got cut off.

So - " REVO Stage One - messed up MFD on MKV? " was intended.

But to say, "revo fucked my shit up" because it def. didn't." I am not so sure, as I witnessed first hand cause and effect the MFD behavior. :( Sorry man, I don't think its that simple.

No way the Revo tune did this, has nothing to do with each other. You drive a VW these things happen. It's like me saying that my Apr tune messed up my suspension..................

Chris@RT

Banned
I do not believe the customer is always right, but something further needs done here. Here goes more of my time...damn.

We have done all that we can especially as I stated since this has nothing to do with us.

With that said and bottom-line:

BEFORE Revo Flash, proper MFD display of all doors, minutes AFTER Revo flash improper MFD display.

Mad no, curious yes wanting a fix, how could I not?

The bottom line is that there is nothing that he flash could have done to cause this. Nothing in the world, they are 100% unrelated. The chances of your flash causing this issue are the same as the chances of your car turning into a 3400lbs gold nugget in the parking lot.

As I stated in my example the previous car I saw this on the customer had no idea it was even present. They had been driving the car for months and unless it magically changed from them handing their keys to the service writer to me getting in the car then it was like that for months.

I appreciate that, however am seeking answers here, not misdirection of blame or excuses. I want resolution and am asking on this forum if anyone else has experienced this, because as you know I have an issue.

How is me telling you the only fix to a problem that is unrelated to me and you saying that we are not giving you the time you deserve misdirection of blame or excuses? I and everyone here understand you want a solution. The solution is to have the dealer recode any of the control modules that may be related to this problem. If I had not ridden my bike to work today I would be in my car trying to break it on purpose to get you an answer.

Right, you are aware of my problem and I appreciate you following up here. Not sure how the above will help as you mentioned, "sole purpose of answering questions and directing customers to dealers, If the person answering that email cannot help they forward it on to whoever can" Like I said, its starting to be a bit much time...catch 22? I am sure you can appreciate that fact, as you received the call from my installer on Saturday. I am now writing you during my business hours.

That was a general response since or customer service was brought into question. You jumped to say we had no way to be reached but it is clearly on our website since the day we opened. Our sales team is the direct contact for customers. If that contact via email or phone happens to be supported it is directed to the correct individual, in many cases that support issue would come to me.

That is in no way catch 22, that is explaining how to get in touch with us.

I have per your suggestion and as mentioned taken it to the dealer, they said "it was not a quick fix, have never seen this before" and recommended I schedule a full appointment, so they can "investigate". This does not sound like the way to go, considering I now have Revo software in my car. Are you still suggesting I do this?

Since no one has a real quick idea to fix this maybe that is the first indicator that this never happens. The fact that this never happens is probably a good clue that it has nothing to do with a car being flashed since between ourselves, our competitors and VW dealers 100s of thousands of cars have been flashed. That is the only way to go unfortunately unless you have VCDS and want to sit there for a few hours screwing with changing coding settings.

We have been as accomidating as we possibly could be and certainly more so then I would think any of our competition would be. We have given you the answer to the problem and how to go about fixing it but that solution for some reason is not acceptable to you. Unfortunately it is the only solution.

After I finish some stuff up I will be heading home to pick up my A3 and bring it back to the office. I am going to sit outside and change every setting I can until I figure out exactly what block is changed to get the car to do that what you are seeing.

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
We have done all that we can especially as I stated since this has nothing to do with us.

The bottom line is that there is nothing that he flash could have done to cause this. Nothing in the world, they are 100% unrelated. The chances of your flash causing this issue are the same as the chances of your car turning into a 3400lbs gold nugget in the parking lot.

As I stated in my example the previous car I saw this on the customer had no idea it was even present. They had been driving the car for months and unless it magically changed from them handing their keys to the service writer to me getting in the car then it was like that for months.

How is me telling you the only fix to a problem that is unrelated to me and you saying that we are not giving you the time you deserve misdirection of blame or excuses? I and everyone here understand you want a solution. The solution is to have the dealer recode any of the control modules that may be related to this problem. If I had not ridden my bike to work today I would be in my car trying to break it on purpose to get you an answer.

That was a general response since or customer service was brought into question. You jumped to say we had no way to be reached but it is clearly on our website since the day we opened. Our sales team is the direct contact for customers. If that contact via email or phone happens to be supported it is directed to the correct individual, in many cases that support issue would come to me.

That is in no way catch 22, that is explaining how to get in touch with us.

Since no one has a real quick idea to fix this maybe that is the first indicator that this never happens. The fact that this never happens is probably a good clue that it has nothing to do with a car being flashed since between ourselves, our competitors and VW dealers 100s of thousands of cars have been flashed. That is the only way to go unfortunately unless you have VCDS and want to sit there for a few hours screwing with changing coding settings.

We have been as accomidating as we possibly could be and certainly more so then I would think any of our competition would be. We have given you the answer to the problem and how to go about fixing it but that solution for some reason is not acceptable to you. Unfortunately it is the only solution.

After I finish some stuff up I will be heading home to pick up my A3 and bring it back to the office. I am going to sit outside and change every setting I can until I figure out exactly what block is changed to get the car to do that what you are seeing.

To be fair Chris, I did state my error immediately earlier on in the post, about not finding the contact info...I was just a little hot, when I was advised that this would be an easy fix by VW and when I went in VW told me the exact opposite. No reason to be sore on this point man.

As I posted:

"Yeah man, thanks for the link to the contact info, DUH - I had clicked on the button to become a dealer, not something I am interested in at all. :)"

No reason to be sore on this point man.

Regarding the catch 22, I still do not understand your logic of sending me to someone else...since you had first hand knowledge of this issue. That's where I was coming from.

Seems we are at a stalemate. You believe one thing I witnessing another. That's fine. Thanks for taking the time to further investigate and making it right. I do appreciate that. I look forward to hearing what you find on your A3, hopefully it will help me get my MFD back in stock order.

Serg918

Passed Driver's Ed
why dont u just flash it to stock mode and take it to the dealer and let them deal with it as stated before?

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
why dont u just flash it to stock mode and take it to the dealer and let them deal with it as stated before?

Yeah that's what I did yesterday went into dealer in stock mode. Until VW said, no we cannot help you this is not a quick fix, we have never seen this etc... schedule a full appointment.

Got me freaked so, thought I would post here to see if anyone else had experienced this MFD problem or had a vagcom fix etc...

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Seems we are at a stalemate. You believe one thing I witnessing another. That's fine. Thanks for taking the time to further investigate and making it right. I do appreciate that. I look forward to hearing what you find on your A3, hopefully it will help me get my MFD back in stock order.

I'd say that it's not a stalemate. He's right and your wrong. You do realize that he didn't have to do ANY of this for you. You should be thankful that he has some experience with the problem and has agreed to take time out of his day to help fix your problem that has absolutely nothing to do with him.

That's dedication there chris. :thumbsup: I knew I got Revo for a reason.

Chris@RT

Banned
Regarding the catch 22, I still do not understand your logic of sending me to someone else...since you had first hand knowledge of this issue. That's where I was coming from.

Who is sending you to someone else? How is anything going on here a catch 22?

Revo didn't do anything to your car, we have told you how to fix it and since it has nothing to do with our flash we have to instruct you to go to the dealer is that what you mean?

Are you referring to my comment about if they can't help you they will forward it to someone who can what do you want for an answer? What and how is that a catch 22? The people who answer the ussales email can answer 99.99% of your questions. Yes you happen to fall into the .01% this time but you already were in contact with us so I was not instructing you how to get a hold of us for this issue and expecting them to forward it. I was simply stating our support system for anyone else who was curious. Would you prefer it goes directly to myself or another person who has little time to deal with it and risk it being put aside?

This issue was in no possible way created by your car being flashed, I don't know what more you want me to tell you or what more you expect me to do for you we have done everything in our power to resolve this issue at this time.

kfeng

Ready to race!
Yeah that's what I did yesterday went into dealer in stock mode. Until VW said, no we cannot help you this is not a quick fix, we have never seen this etc... schedule a full appointment.

Got me freaked so, thought I would post here to see if anyone else had experienced this MFD problem or had a vagcom fix etc...

Then just book a full appointment and let them fix it. It might take their technician a while to find the codes that messed up your car, so the dealer needs time.

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd say that it's not a stalemate. He's right and your wrong. You do realize that he didn't have to do ANY of this for you. You should be thankful that he has some experience with the problem and has agreed to take time out of his day to help fix your problem that has absolutely nothing to do with him.

That's dedication there chris. :thumbsup: I knew I got Revo for a reason.

Relax Lee wonder why you are so hot, work for the company too?

Feels forced bro.

Read what I said:

"Thanks for taking the time to further investigate and making it right. I do appreciate that."