GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REVO Stage One - messed up MFD on MKV

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Relax Lee wonder why you are so hot, work for the company too?

Feels forced bro.

Read what I said:

"Thanks for taking the time to further investigate and making it right. I do appreciate that."

Definitely don't. I don't know anywhere near enough about ECUs to work for them. You just sounded ungrateful. I'm a Revo customer and don't like it when people talk bad about them. I'd do the same thing if somebody was knocking on FKs customer service because I've received nothing but amazing service from them and Revo.

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Who is sending you to someone else? How is anything going on here a catch 22?

Revo didn't do anything to your car, we have told you how to fix it and since it has nothing to do with our flash we have to instruct you to go to the dealer is that what you mean?

Are you referring to my comment about if they can't help you they will forward it to someone who can what do you want for an answer? What and how is that a catch 22? The people who answer the ussales email can answer 99.99% of your questions. Yes you happen to fall into the .01% this time but you already were in contact with us so I was not instructing you how to get a hold of us for this issue and expecting them to forward it. I was simply stating our support system for anyone else who was curious. Would you prefer it goes directly to myself or another person who has little time to deal with it and risk it being put aside?

This issue was in no possible way created by your car being flashed, I don't know what more you want me to tell you or what more you expect me to do for you we have done everything in our power to resolve this issue at this time.

Great thx Chris, I look forward to what you find. Thanks again man glad you have an A3.

Chris@RT

Banned
instrument cluster (17)
coding (07)

coding is 7 digits (1234567)

third to last digit must be set to 2 (xxxx2xx) for the US

It is probably set to 4 for GB which would be RH but still show in miles.

I just changed this in my A3 10 times in my driveway. I would be posting from my driveway but apparently my C key is broken on my personal laptop so I could not log into this site (one more thing to add to my day, flat tire on my bike, throttle stuck on my truck.. that was a hoot to drive home, hulu is down for maint, and now laptop broken)

I hope this helps you straighten your car out.

SM08GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
instrument cluster (17)
coding (07)

I just changed this in my A3 10 times in my driveway. I would be posting from my driveway but apparently my C key is broken on my personal laptop so I could not log into this site (one more thing to add to my day, flat tire on my bike, throttle stuck on my truck.. that was a hoot to drive home, hulu is down for maint, and now laptop broken)

You the man, thx Chris we will try this out. So you were able to replicate my problem? I hope it works too. As I mentioned I am getting a kick out of the flash. This sure saves me that uncomfortable experience of going back to the dealer again with the issue, immediately after having a flash and just having had my 10k service done.

Yikes, "flat tire on my bike, throttle stuck on my truck.. that was a hoot to drive home, hulu is down for maint, and now laptop broken"

Sorry to hear you have been having a bad day.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Optizac

Passed Driver's Ed
instrument cluster (17)
coding (07)

Wow,thing you persuaded me to get REVO when I get my MKV or MKVI

CW MKV GTI

FukenMoven!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Wow,thing you persuaded me to get REVO when I get my MKV or MKVI

Same. I've done my research on all the tuning software available and truthfully I decided on revo for two reasons. 1: A little bit more aggressive tune than most 2: Chris's attitude when it comes to questions and issues regarding revo software on this forum. I like what I see and this is just the cherry on the cake. I'm still currently stock but will be stage 1 within the next month or so.

The fact Chris took time out of his day to sit there going through code to locate a possible solution to a problem COMPLETELY unrelated to him...speaks for itself. Good show.

-Kev

ChouDawg

Null
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX
Didn't really feel like reading through the back and forth between Revo & OP but I just wanted to say I had the trial tune put on my car (no VAG-com adjustment) on friday and I had no issues. This afternoon it reverted to stock, I miss my Revo Stage I the tune is awesome!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The way I see it, there are ONLY three possibilities:

The installer screwed it up,

The REVO software screwed it up,

The OP is mistaken.

Since REVO claims it's not their fault, either the installer changed his settings or the OP is wrong. Now, why would the installer even bother looking at the coding? And why would the OP say it happened this way if it didn't. So that leaves only one answer: He should have bought APR.

CW MKV GTI

FukenMoven!
Car(s)
MKV GTI

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
True, but it's always good to remind people that EVERY company's fudiciary responsibility is to it's stockholders, NOT it's to customers. Does anyone really think that BP cares about the people who live in the Gulf states and the wildlife? OR do you think they only care about what the oil spill is doing to their bottom line? It's always about profit folks, don't ever forget it. Doesn't matter if it's a billion dollar oil company or a small software tuning company.

Chris@RT

Banned
The way I see it, there are ONLY three possibilities:

The installer screwed it up,

The REVO software screwed it up,

The OP is mistaken.

Since REVO claims it's not their fault, either the installer changed his settings or the OP is wrong. Now, why would the installer even bother looking at the coding? And why would the OP say it happened this way if it didn't. So that leaves only one answer: He should have bought APR.

True, but it's always good to remind people that EVERY company's fudiciary responsibility is to it's stockholders, NOT it's to customers. Does anyone really think that BP cares about the people who live in the Gulf states and the wildlife? OR do you think they only care about what the oil spill is doing to their bottom line? It's always about profit folks, don't ever forget it. Doesn't matter if it's a billion dollar oil company or a small software tuning company.

:readthethread:
Did you even read the thread before you started your Rant?

First of all it is IMPOSSIBLE for the flash to cause what happened. Yes impossible as in not even remotely possible there is nothing that could do it. This is on the same level of saying that a flash caused someones tire to get a nail in it.

This thread is over a year old, why did you bother posting to it AFTER we already went out of our way to resolve it a year ago? The problem had nothing to do with Revo yet I spent my own time on my own car working the problem backwards since I had seen it before when working at a dealer. I found the coding he needed and

Chances are had he gone APR and had the same problem they wouldn't have been able to figure it out since they probably have never seen it before.

In regards to profits? how does anything that occurred here show what you are claiming? How does going out of our way to fix a problem that had NOTHING to do with the software show that our only concern is shareholders and profit? The thread proves if anything the exact opposite.

flowsome

ENT in the morning

the oil spill is a scam...same shit happened in the late 70s. spill some oil while gas prices are low and use the spill (which is insured by the way) to create a supply and demand problem to raise prices. badda bing, i admire these large corporation executives...they can do the wildest, craziest shit with not a single ounce of remorse or consequence :bow:

ps. you have TSI stage 2 almost done? i'm dieing here man