Home now, great day
very glad the weather went bad while we were eating and not driving
also pretty happy we didnt so many cops
hopefully next time i can get some new wheels/tyres
good meeting you all.

stedes

Car(s)
VW Golf GTi DSG
Yes...finally....the slowest of the bunch is home too!

What an awesome day...500km of pure bliss! (most of it anyway)

Would like to thank D... for organising everything. The roads you picked were great mate. Hope to see you all again in the next one...

Now...where can I get an R32 exhaust sound for my GTi...hmmm!

S

Hibba

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY09 GTI TR
Great day, was nice to meet you all, even if I was the token female... Absolutely bucketed down when I got home, so all the bug juice is gone. Thanks for organising Doug, I'm sure I'll spot you soon... I'm the TR that always has a perve on your car when at work. ;)

KTL

Passed Driver's Ed
Great day and nice meeting you all ~
Nice routes, some of which I have never been through. Thanks for organizing the day, it was well done !!!
It was really pissing on the way back, but that didn't stop all the little GTI's punting through the rain.

Daniel

blu32

Stealthy Speed
Car(s)
My Car (above)
Great day everyone and some really good homework and organisation Doug - appreciated the drink at lunch time as well.

Unfortunately I lost you all around Mt Panorama (I got stuck behind a couple of snails) so didn't finish it off with you but I had a great day - those roads are very very good.

Cheers all.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^Yar... next time put on your handbrake, MK?? :lol:

Thanks for the bevvy and the well organised drive, Doug. Hours of fun. Was a little disappointed at the lack of wet, but you get that. Must have been done special for you GTI boys. I got buckets on Bell's Line, though... so i was happy in the end.

Nice meeting everyone again. Good to see some new faces including a female GTI owner!! Awesome - hope to see you out again, Hibba. Just watch those boys don't infect you with the 'mod bug'.

Here's a couple shots from today... including fearless leader giving everyone the hurry-up to get around panorama so we could get back the the real driving!!

benough

Torque to me
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
[FONT=&quot]Start of the day at Lithgow after I almost made our intentions clear to the bright green Highway Patrol Car hiding on the right...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We found some dudes who tried to race us...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Back to Tarana.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So when are you installing a DPF Colin? The only thing darker than your smoke is KTLs tail lights :biggrin:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hanging at Tarana, waiting for royalty.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All hail the turbo R![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When Doug said we were off the Lunch it was like the start of Le Mans[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After lunch[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Scotty. We don't know how you kept up in that thing but it was a mad effort!

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Then up to the mountain with the sighting of another green patrol car..

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Back through O'Connell to Oberon to spot our third green patrol car of the day.

After a cracker stint from Oberon we headed back to the highway. How's this for triplets :biggrin:

Then on bells it pissed down! And Stu still was overtaking people, haha

So thanks for a cracker day Doug! Cool to see the new people turning up also.

I might try and organise the next one up north way.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Good photo's Benough. Looked like a great turn out. 12 Golfs. Nice. I would have been unlucky 13. On the bright side, the house we found is a goer.

I'll be up for the next one though and I'll bring some extra KWs to play with. Derek should have it complete by the latter part of the week.

Got to spend a bit of time installing with the GTI while installing the Inpro smoked mirror indicators I got from Dubaddiction. Look pretty good.

Last edited:

gti mk5

BEST!!!
Car(s)
GTi MK5
great pix Ben

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Thanks for all the nice comments people - very much appreciated. Glad everyone got home in one piece. BluR32 - sorry to have lost you in Bathurst - I hope you came back the same way we did. Stu - bet you're glad you invested in the BBK after the little 'potential incident' with the Pulsar & Corolla outside Oberon. (Glad I had my brakes mildly upgraded too :wink:). Scotty - always a pleasure to hear the R32 - best sounding car under $150K. Note to self however: do not try to keep the same pace as Stu & Scott through the twisties. FSDs are great up to 8 tenths - after that their limitations show. As for the pace of the TR32 - it's on a different planet - nice work Anthony :biggrin:. Special mention to Scotty1991 who despite not having a snail managed to peg that NA Golf within an inch of it's life & pretty much keep pace with the others.

Average fuel consumption for me for the drive from start @ Lithgow to end near Lithgow was 10.1L/100Km. Pretty reasonable methinks :thumbup:.

It was lovely to meet some new faces & I hope to see some of you again soon. Agro - I'll be attending your play in July.

Best wishes to all & great pics Ben!

Doug