GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
^^ Now that's a deal! My main rig at home resides in a 900. Sweet case.

It's a shame the 300's don't come with 120mm fans in the front anymore. The first one I bought two years ago had fans in the cages. The next three...no fans.

yeah, the antec tricool 120mm fans run $6 a piece when on sale. :frown:

though you can get 4 120mm cooler master 3-pin fans for ~$11-12 /w prime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O8I474

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
the Seagates have pretty bad reviews (compared to other hd companies) on egg. though, this one only has 23% 1 egg. i think i've seen one with 40% 1 egg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433&Tpk=Seagate 7200.12 SATA 3.0gb/s 1tb

Yikes those are some shitty reviews. Personally I have all WD Caviar Blacks in my systems. I have had zero issues with them. Zero issues with my two 150gb Velociraptors either. I am a WD man.

39.99 for a tb drive though is tempting.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I think I got it for like $140 in store and yes it's worth every penny this is something that doesn't get replaced for a VERY long time. The case is built like a damn tank and it's very spacious and easy to clean.

yeah, but the case would be more expensive than the rest of the parts for the computer combined. :yikes:

well, okay, just cpu, mobo, ram, and hd combined. i reused the case, ps, and dvd drive.

AdvanSuper

Banned
yeah, but the case would be more expensive than the rest of the parts for the computer combined. :yikes:

well, okay, just cpu, mobo, ram, and hd combined. i reused the case, ps, and dvd drive.

Wait wut? The stuff that is in my 1000 is not the recent stuff I ordered. I easily have a $800 build in my case. It's not really that expensive considering what is being put into it. If you buy the case and put a microatx board a 500W PSU 1 HD and a tiny video card then I'd be slapping myself over it :lol:.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Yikes those are some shitty reviews. Personally I have all WD Caviar Blacks in my systems. I have had zero issues with them. Zero issues with my two 150gb Velociraptors either. I am a WD man.

39.99 for a tb drive though is tempting.

i opted for the samsung f3, though i paid almost double, $76 for 1tb, though it did come with a dock.

well, if you get it, don't forget 12% bcb.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Wait wut? The stuff that is in my 1000 is not the recent stuff I ordered. I easily have a $800 build in my case. It's not really that expensive considering what is being put into it. If you buy the case and put a microatx board a 500W PSU 1 HD and a tiny video card then I'd be slapping myself over it :lol:.

:lol: yeah, if you have $800, then it's not bad to have a $140 case. oh and my psu is 235w with 8w on the 12v rail. good thing i only have a 65w cpu. :lol:

AdvanSuper

Banned
:lol: yeah, if you have $800, then it's not bad to have a $140 case. oh and my psu is 235w with 8w on the 12v rail. good thing i only have a 65w cpu. :lol:

Yeah that's the whole thing I have a big system so it made sense to get a case that's built like a tank and not a $30 case. I figured I had the money to spend so I might as well invest in a good case.

The Antec 300 will be my $30 small build case... When I have money I will be replacing my proc and memory and toss them into the Antec with the mobo I am replacing. Then get myself a hexa-core or a higher clocked quad, 6-8GB of memory and a bigger PSU maybe 1000W or more for my main rig. That's the plan for now.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Yeah that's the whole thing I have a big system so it made sense to get a case that's built like a tank and not a $30 case. I figured I had the money to spend so I might as well invest in a good case.

The Antec 300 will be my $30 small build case... When I have money I will be replacing my proc and memory and toss them into the Antec with the mobo I am replacing. Then get myself a hexa-core or a higher clocked quad, 6-8GB of memory and a bigger PSU maybe 1000W or more for my main rig. That's the plan for now.

you could've gotten a hexa-core plus mobo for under 2 bills.

Attachments

• 10552401377_7258205.jpg
    10552401377_7258205.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.