GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-510 and factory bluetooth

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Join up vwnavi.com and look in the classifieds section. He's got a thread on the RNS-510.

Cheers,

Edit: That thread seems to be gone from vwnavi so best to email him.

Last edited:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Just bumping up an old thread.

Can owners of the OEM BT units from Stu tell me if it displays Oil Temp and Turbo Boost readings on the MFD like the Kufutec unit?

I am in Singapore right now and VW here sells the Kufutec Premium units (which allows for full integration plus more) for $780SGD. I am tempted to pick one up.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
No it doesn't display those things. I'm not sure if those work on the GTI anyway, but know they do on TSI engines etc. Something to research.

Have a read of this too, as Technic has listed the differences between the two kits:

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Fiscon

The kufatec has some nice functions which may or may not be helpful, but i wanted the factory mic mounted in the factory location as voice and call clarity was important. Not saying the others are bad as i haven't used them. One advantage of the Fiscon is it's plug and play which is a bit easier.

Ps. Did anyone else get a receipt from Stu? Would have been nice for tax.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
The Fiscon mic can be installed in the factory location or at the steering wheel location (negating the need to remove any trim).

The VW service manager was very nice and he basically ran through the install procedure with me. The Kufutec unit is very small and sits behind the RNS510 - so everything is hidden in the dash.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
This is true, their camera adaptor is very unreliable but thought the phone kit may be better.

I've got no regrets with the skoda kit and don't think I need the other gimmicks, the main thing was people hearing me and after stuffing around with the Alpine kits and nobody being able to hear me properly (they also use the parrot mics, but was more of a software incompatibility with my phones - still damn right annoying though).

btw I've heard that the Fiscons dont show multiple numbers per contact ie Mavierck (mobile), Maverick (Home).. which would be a deal breaker.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Going on the problems with other Kufatec products I'd be steering clear, the Skoda bluetooth is the best for compatibility and quality IMO.

Mav,

OK, will stick to the OEM unit if I am going to put one in.

Do you know if the version D is compatible with the MKV?
The Golfmkv forum member Technic seems to suggest that it is compatible.
The D version has A2DP and SMS functionality.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
btw I've heard that the Fiscons dont show multiple numbers per contact ie Mavierck (mobile), Maverick (Home).. which would be a deal breaker.
Put 'em up....I'll give it a crack with my system.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if it's just me but do phonecalls come through the rear speakers?

Is this to be further away from the mic and/or to help cancel echo?

maxfin

It's mine... all mine.
I had a couple of question in relation to myRNS510 install and the Skoda/VW BT.

I had the install done by Volkspower, but I've got terrible AM reception (obviously no aerial connected at all). Should I have supplied additional cables to them for this to sorted? When i took it back and queried it, he said they were "plug and play" and when installing them previously, they "splice" the existing aerial cable for both FM and AM (sounded like BS to me).

My BT is mint aside from the really loud feedback as it is initially dialling and that I haven't worked out the voice commands as yet.

Any thoughts gents???

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
I had a couple of question in relation to myRNS510 install and the Skoda/VW BT.

I had the install done by Volkspower, but I've got terrible AM reception (obviously no aerial connected at all). Should I have supplied additional cables to them for this to sorted? When i took it back and queried it, he said they were "plug and play" and when installing them previously, they "splice" the existing aerial cable for both FM and AM (sounded like BS to me).

My BT is mint aside from the really loud feedback as it is initially dialling and that I haven't worked out the voice commands as yet.

Any thoughts gents???

You have an iphone I assume as that's the only handset that I'm aware of that gives the loud feedback when dialling.

For the reception you need one of these.
http://www.my-gti.com/1088/upgradin...d-310-rns-310-rns-510-rcd-510-antenna-adapter
Partnumber is 7L6 051 551 (7L6051551) and this is available for around AUD$50, GBP£25 and USD$30 from any Volkswagen spare parts department.

And for the voice commands you need this.
http://www.my-gti.com/1156/volkswagen-skoda-bluetooth-voice-commands

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Well i'm not sure if its different after replacing the front speakers but the other person still gets echo if you turn it up too much (but the level i wouldnt consider too much).