GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Poll - 18" for Candy White GTI

Which 18" Wheels do I buy for my CW GTI?

• Audi RS4 Replicas

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Audi RS6 Replicas

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • BBS CK Anthracites

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Spyn Wheels ZX Tuning

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • TSW Cataluyna

• Privat Netz Grey

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Borbet FS

• OZ Superturismos

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
Nimble said:
Good story. You are aware that having 18's has ZERO performance benefit over 17's right? Well, unless you count poorer gas mileage, harder suspension wear, and terrible acceleration as benefits.

?? Good Story ??

Nimble, a few things I'd like to say as this is my original thread/poll -

#1. - I'm not here to debit the pros and cons or merits or demerits of 17's vs. 18's.

#2 - I'm not looking for a Performance Wheel combination, as my original post clearly states.

#3 - I'm not planning to autocross, road race, etc. I never have in my previous 3 Corrado SLC's, 1 Jetta, or 2 Passats nor did I ever do the above in my 4 Audis either.

#4 - I like the look of an 18" wheel, and I think it's my money, and my opinion.

#5 - So far I have respected others suggestions, and opinions however I feel you need to :barf: go find another thread to troll.

Pete

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
CopperAddict said:
#4 - I like the look of an 18" wheel, and I think it's my money, and my opinion.

Pete

same here, exactly why ill be getting 18's. i was about a click away from the RS6 Reps, they look so awesome, but i didnt do it for some reason... probably because everyone and theyre momma is buying em.

alf

Nimble

Oval Champion
CopperAddict said:
?? Good Story ??

Nimble, a few things I'd like to say as this is my original thread/poll -

#1. - I'm not here to debit the pros and cons or merits or demerits of 17's vs. 18's.

#2 - I'm not looking for a Performance Wheel combination, as my original post clearly states.

#3 - I'm not planning to autocross, road race, etc. I never have in my previous 3 Corrado SLC's, 1 Jetta, or 2 Passats nor did I ever do the above in my 4 Audis either.

#5 - So far I have respected others suggestions, and opinions however I feel you need to :barf: go find another thread to troll.

Pete

I'm not trolling asshole, I'm providing you with useful information in a wheel world with idiots like you running around knowing very little of the impact wheels make.

Keep up with the thinking of "yoyo thing looks so blang blang yo!@" It'll get ya far.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Nimble said:
I'm not trolling asshole, I'm providing you with useful information in a wheel world with idiots like you running around knowing very little of the impact wheels make.

Keep up with the thinking of "yoyo thing looks so blang blang yo!@" It'll get ya far.
chill with the language, that isnt necessary, the man likes the way 18's look on the GTI. nobody was saying YO YO anything either, 18's will do just fine for performance and style, if you really wanna hate on somebody for performance, go scream at the guys with 19's.

alf

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
Nimble said:

Jack.

Go jump over a candlestick, and make sure you clear it.

How old are you anyways? I've probably owned more cars then you are old.

Pete

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
Nimble said:

Can you translate that last line for me? I don't speak that language......

As far as the idiot part, how can you say I am an idiot because I want 18" wheels? Have you ever met me? No I doubt it. Do you know what I have done in my lifetime? No, I don't think so.

I wasn't far off on guessing that I have owned more cars then you are old either.

Kindly refrain from posting your information or your opinions about this thread, as it doesn't enhance or help the original purpose for posting it.

And just so I can give a reference point of one of my previous vehicles........ I'm sure you'll say I shouldn't have used 17" BBS RC's because of the weight and loss of performance or that I shouldn't have had it pin striped as it increased drag.......

Pete

Attachments

• sil c slc.jpg
    sil c slc.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 10,684

Hoppy6698

Go Kart Newbie
My latest choice for wheels on the GTIs come down to the TSW Vortex or the Borbet XL w/black. But I plan to put them on a Black/Black GTI, not sure how either would look on a White one. But, the XLs would offer a bit of contrast, since the GTI already comes with subtle black lines, even on the White one.

CopperAddict

Autocross Newbie
Hoppy6698 said:
My latest choice for wheels on the GTIs come down to the TSW Vortex or the Borbet XL w/black. But I plan to put them on a Black/Black GTI, not sure how either would look on a White one. But, the XLs would offer a bit of contrast, since the GTI already comes with subtle black lines, even on the White one.

Similar styles, a narrowing 5 spoke. The TSW Montage is also similar.

Hoppy6698

Go Kart Newbie
Montage has a larger lip, not a fan of those. Having lived in Germany for 4 years, I really hate the lip designs and most Germans are moving away from them as well - as it grows in a US fad, ugh.

But yes, I'm a fan of the simpler design, but love the contrast of the Borbets. Another option I had looked at was the AT Italia Inox, 5 spoke, 2 tone (one shiny, one subdued grey/black) and I believe they come in o/a 20 lbs.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
If this is about how many cars you've owned as your benchmark, I got all your daddy's!! Anyway, the BBS's look awesome if you can spring that dough.

Nimble

Oval Champion
alf said:
chill with the language, that isnt necessary, the man likes the way 18's look on the GTI. nobody was saying YO YO anything either, 18's will do just fine for performance and style, if you really wanna hate on somebody for performance, go scream at the guys with 19's.

alf

Yeah because the difference between 18's and 19's is really THAT much. :rolleyes: they're BOTH bling for a small hatch....a BMW 7 series, no, a small VW hatch, yes.

And to the original poster, I never stated that you need to autocross to benefit from lighter PROPER sized wheels. The benefits are from the moment you drive off with a nice light set of 17's. It's ok though, when I meet you heavy 18 guys on the street, it's all the more likely I'll blow your doors off. Switching to lightweight wheels makes a NOTICEABLE difference in acceleration.

P.S.- you're the child acting old man that called me a troll first when all I was doing was letting you know your options, stop being so lame. The barf smily really shows your age. :thumbdown:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i voted for the RS4 replicas...but not the B5 replicas you posted on that candy white with the black nonsense on the hood, i would say go for the new B7 RS4 replicas

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Nimble said:
Yeah because the difference between 18's and 19's is really THAT much. :rolleyes: they're BOTH bling for a small hatch....a BMW 7 series, no, a small VW hatch, yes.

And to the original poster, I never stated that you need to autocross to benefit from lighter PROPER sized wheels. The benefits are from the moment you drive off with a nice light set of 17's. It's ok though, when I meet you heavy 18 guys on the street, it's all the more likely I'll blow your doors off. Switching to lightweight wheels makes a NOTICEABLE difference in acceleration.

P.S.- you're the child acting old man that called me a troll first when all I was doing was letting you know your options, stop being so lame. The barf smily really shows your age. :thumbdown:

lmfao to some people its not all about RACING or the TRACK.

and in bold, thats really showing your age, grow the fuck up man, you dont pay his bills, maybe he doesnt like the way some 17's look on our cars.

lay off this guys thread he SPECIFICALLY stated 18's, if he were looking for 17's he wouldve put 17 in the topic subject.

GTI2007

Nimble said:

Keep down the language please. We are not on here to bitch on each other.