GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any of you WA guys defer a ticket before?

westcoaster05

Forgot to ask... anyone have a lawyer/traffic attorney that they would reccommend for this? I live up in Bellingham and don't want to go into court...

crogers6569

Ready to race!
Some courts you cant write in and have to go to court. I think it depends on teh county. Call the clerk of court for that county and ask.

tongefactor40

Ready to race!
ahhhh this thread. Since then I got nailed for another ticket, 45 in a 25 :(

I did defer that 1st one... it's the cost of the ticket plus a 25 dollar administration fee.

crogers6569

Ready to race!
ahhhh this thread. Since then I got nailed for another ticket, 45 in a 25 :(

I did defer that 1st one... it's the cost of the ticket plus a 25 dollar administration fee.

once again the cost depends on teh county. King County is 150$ court costs for a deferral. Snohomish is 125$ + ticket cost.

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
One place most Cities/Towns can make up lost revenue is:

You guessed it - SPEEDERS!!

And while they're at it, they can add a few extras from the menu:frown:

Unfortunately, they're almost all using Laser now, and until a better detector comes along, if ever, we're really screwed.

Oh yeah, does Oregon have this ability to defer??

tongefactor40

Ready to race!
One place most Cities/Towns can make up lost revenue is:

You guessed it - SPEEDERS!!

And while they're at it, they can add a few extras from the menu:frown:

Unfortunately, they're almost all using Laser now, and until a better detector comes along, if ever, we're really screwed.

Oh yeah, does Oregon have this ability to defer??

I rarely get Lasered in WA

sbghms

Crubs fents brushes
Car(s)
09 CW rabbit
I got lasered this morning, going 5 over. Luckily no pull over for mwa, but I looked in my rearview a ways down the road and saw flashing lights on the side of the road. phew

Dont they use your front plate as a reflective location to bounce the laser off of? Because no front plate for mwa.

tongefactor40

Ready to race!
I got lasered this morning, going 5 over. Luckily no pull over for mwa, but I looked in my rearview a ways down the road and saw flashing lights on the side of the road. phew

Dont they use your front plate as a reflective location to bounce the laser off of? Because no front plate for mwa.

plenty of areas to bounce off on the car

SanJoJoe

Ready to race!
Do you know how it works if you get a ticket in a state other than the state your drivers license is from? For example, I have a California drivers license, but I am currently living here. Do they report driving violations to the CA DMV?

Junk in the trunk
Shall I be the first to say give Fred Hopkins a call!! He got my ticket of 100+ down to just "expired tabs". He offers a VWVortex discount also

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Do you know how it works if you get a ticket in a state other than the state your drivers license is from? For example, I have a California drivers license, but I am currently living here. Do they report driving violations to the CA DMV?

it depends on the state.

I would bet Cali is a reporting state, but I know (for example) that VA doesn't report. I was stationed there for 4 years and never had a single ticket reported to either of my drivers licensees.

WA on the other hand, likes to report my tickets to my inactive licensee. When I was active duty I renewed my DL and never told them I got out. right before I got out of the Marines, I got a Montana DL. I had my records pulled a couple weeks ago and found that the couple tickets I've received in WA the past 2 years have gone on my old WA DL. My current MT DL is only showing the 127mph ticket I got the day I traded my 1.8t in for the 2.0t.... which falls off next month. woot!

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux

The report is national.
If you get a ticket in another state and fail to appear or pay, you get a nasty letter saying your license will be suspended, regardless of state of issue.