GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FRONT turn signal bulb

kidaerc

V= IR
anyone changed this yet? to white i guess?

all the other bulbs in our car are in different posts everywhere but nobody really thought about replacing the yellow bulb to clear.

is there legalities on having the front turn signal needed to be yellow?

if anyone did this already, kindly advice what part #, where to buy and any pics will definitely help.thanks in advance!:w00t:

kidaerc

V= IR
i read this and several other ones. no one really say anything about "FRONT TURN SIGNAL":readthethread: :help:

jimithing412

Common Sense Is A Myth
Car(s)
07' 5dr GTI
If you take out the bulb, it looks like one off a christmas tree light string. Took it into an auto parts parts and the guy looked at it like it came off of a spaceship. He was completely baffled as to the type of bulb it was. The bulb is white. The light has an amber globe to give it color. Cannot be changed.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Front Parking Lights (left and right):
2x 192/168 = M4

That bulb is exactly right next to the turn signal bulb. Its probably the same bulb used for the turn signal. Go on that website he provided I remember that you can search and find which bulb goes where.

kidaerc

V= IR
Front Parking Lights (left and right):
2x 192/168 = M4

That bulb is exactly right next to the turn signal bulb. Its probably the same bulb used for the turn signal. Go on that website he provided I remember that you can search and find which bulb goes where.

i haven't taken it off but some people did. it's not the same bulb coz it's calling for H21W. FYI, i included the link for sylvania.

kidaerc

V= IR
If you take out the bulb, it looks like one off a christmas tree light string. Took it into an auto parts parts and the guy looked at it like it came off of a spaceship. He was completely baffled as to the type of bulb it was. The bulb is white. The light has an amber globe to give it color. Cannot be changed.

jimi, is it clear or yellow.??? if yellow is there a plastic cover that makes it yellow?

kidaerc

V= IR
So much for helping you talking like a pure forum ethug. :barf:

what? look men, i appreciate everyone's help here but if you read closely and pay attention, you would understand what I'm trying to ask. Clearly nobody thought about these bulbs before. I tried to be as clear as possible but you where coming up with all the wrong stuff. o yeah, "co'z" is short for because and there's nothing thuggish about it!:mad0259: :fighting0030: :paddle: :eyebulge:

jimithing412

Common Sense Is A Myth
Car(s)
07' 5dr GTI
I answered the question. Twice! There is an AMBER COLORED GLOBE INSIDE the light assembly. Unless you are prepared to put the lights in the oven to bake the glue and take them apart there is no way to change the color of the turn signal.

Last edited:

kidaerc

V= IR
THANKS JIM!:thumbup: just the answer I'm looking for.

so i guess there's no point of changing bulbs. more complicated procedure is involve to get rid of our amber turn signal.

cheers!