GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Level Help Needed

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
I just installed Koni shocks with H&R race springs and now my headlights reach about 10 ft in front of me. Not really sure how to fix. I would just take it into the dealership, but I'm afraid they will not do anything/charge because its the aftermarket parts that caused it. Thanks for any help

m-avant

VAG+M3=awesomes
check your HID lever arms. both front and rear "elbows" shoud be pointing towards the driver's side. the arm should pop back into the correct position w/o removal.

mine did the same after I had the Eibachs installed.

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man. I'll be getting a hydraulic jack tomorrow so I can do this. Anybody have any recomendations for a good jack? Im lowered on races, so thats a concern...

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Whoa. Awesome... but pricey. Yikes.... Will a standard craftsman jack work or will I be doing more harm than good?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
lol. go to your headlight housing. there is a black plug... pop it out and it will reveal a white plastic piece you can put a screw driver in to adjust your headlights.

adjust them infront of a wall so u can do ur markings. and bam ur done.

it might throw a soft code, just use a vag com to clear the code and accept the new settings.

double check the leveler first.

http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/jetta/2006/xenon_adjustment/

alf

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
lol. go to your headlight housing. there is a black plug... pop it out and it will reveal a white plastic piece you can put a screw driver in to adjust your headlights.

adjust them infront of a wall so u can do ur markings. and bam ur done.

it might throw a soft code, just use a vag com to clear the code and accept the new settings.

double check the leveler first.

http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/jetta/2006/xenon_adjustment/

alf

I did that. No codes either. I dont even know how much i raised em, enough so i can see though. But not enough so people flash me like they sued to w/ the stock ride height!

Travis

Ready to race!
All I had to do was jack up the rear end and pop the sensor over, It just got flipped when you were changing your suspension. Easy as that, I used the jack that came with the car.