GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Legend VW of Amityville

Great sales people, finance, and management...until you buy the car.

Trying to keep your attention here is the quick breakdown...

Service people act like you're more of a bother than a customer.

Bought the car 7/13, pickup 7/15. Door molding on pass. side damaged, promised new molding. Window sticker said Sirius, car had XM in it. Was told it would all be rectified.

The Sirius wasn't installed until October 26th...over 3 months after I bought the car, and I had to FIGHT to get them to order it. Multiple phone calls went unanswered and messages were not responded to.

I was told the door molding and sirius would be done same day. I get there and the molding wasn't ready, had to go out to be painted. No one told me that...communication is piss-poor.

I was told I would be called when the molding was ready...no call. After a death in the family, and my business trip to Chicago I finally got back and got settled enough to call myself. After 2 phone calls and one unanswered message I was told it takes 2 hours to replace the door molding. 2 HOURS!!!

I called VW direct to file a complaint against the dealer...it was all recorded and a formal complaint letter will be sent when I give them authorization to. They understand that I still have to deal with this place until my molding is taken care of and are going to hold off sending until I call them back. I do have a complaint number.

Also interesting to note:

- No loaners
- Waiting area is the sales floor on the Audi side of the dealer with hard uncomfortable chairs to keep you cozy.

If any of you would like a very friendly, courteous, comfortable service experience, head over to Smithtown VW. They have been extremely friendly and helpful with any issues I have had. Their waiting room has free wireless internet (signal is weak but it works), cable TV, coffee and 2 very comfortable long couches. They also provide a toy box for the kids. Smithtown may not have gotten me the best deal on the VW when I was shopping, but they have earned my service.

Just got a call back from Legend...they are going to be kind enough to put me in an enterprise rental for the day. Can we say too little too late?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
wow - shit bro - i never had any issues with them.

wow - shit bro - i never had any issues with them.

It's just been really frustrating...I was treated like a king at Honda compared to this. I really love the GTI, its a great car for the money so I'm not gonna knock VW for it.

I guess its luck of the draw with dealers.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
yea i think the biggest problem w/ owning a vw is ther dealers/ service its not the cars, but if they had awesome service it would make everying a 100x better.

btw off subject amityville vw as in amityville horror? coooooooool :eek: :drool: have you seen the house hehehe :tongue:

dubbunit

Nice to CC you
Car(s)
2009 Island Gray CC
the house is gay lol. seen it a few times

Saw the house...def gay, its been renovated since...doesn't look like the original house.

I ask that all who have had bad experiences at Legend file complaints at VW. It's the only way they are going to learn that you can't treat customers this way.

tuddy

4 8 15 16 23 42
legend is the worst dealership in the history of business'

I hate them and I hope their dealership burns down so I can piss on the ashes.

(no one inside of course).

donaldson's for the win.