Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0

Southern Wörthersee 2009

http://southernworthersee.com/

Hosted by

Alabama's Premier VW/Audi Club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wörthersee Tour in Reifnitz, Austria is the largest gathering of VAG enthusiasts in the world. For more than two decades, this charming lakeside village has hosted millions of enthusiasts, who come to appreciate the most innovative and trendsetting VWs and Audis in Europe. Wörthersee, as this event is most commonly known, draws its name from the beautiful lake that dominates this popular vacation area.

Our inspiration for Southern Wörthersee is to bring together cars and fans of these beloved marques in a truly authentic European atmosphere.
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains on the Chattahoochee River, is the quaint Bavarian-themed town of Helen, Georgia. With its striking similarities to the Wörthersee region, we think you will agree, it's a natural location for our stateside tribute to Wörthersee.

So please join us in beautiful Helen, Georgia as we celebrate our enthusiasm for these wonderful cars and the spirit of Wörthersee Tour.
Southern Wörthersee

May 15, 16 and 17, 2009
Free Admission to all Event Activities !

Sponsors include:

.... and many many more.

If you've never been to SOWO, here's a brief overview. Since 2007 Southern Worthersee has been a laid back get together for VW/Audi Group vehicle enthusiasts. It is not a traditional "Car Show." Although awards are given, there are no categories or classes. It's People's Choice...1st, 2nd and 3rd. But due to it's non-competetive nature, you can feel just as comfortable parking next to a PVW feature as a clapped out rat. In other words, if your there, your as much a part of the event as anyone. There is no charge to park or participate in the event. If you want to come in other Euro or Asian brands, there is parking for you....in a "special place."

Due to new construction in Helen, the main event area has been moved up the street (Edelweiss Strasse) to the City Park. It's within a few steps of the original area. (2008's location will be for overflow parking in '09) Parking in the main event area is first come first served.

One of the biggest reasons SOWO continues to grow is the response and the enthusiasm from Helen's Civic Community. As long as they WANT us there, they'll continue to make it easy. So we ask everyone to remember we are guests in their town, please treat them like anyone else who welcomes you into their home.

If any local clubs are organizing their own cruises to this event, or you're planning your own pre- or post- parties that are open to anyone. please post a link as well as the starting/ending locations, and I'll keep an organized list here in this thread.

TN Euros Cruise - http://tneuros.com/forums/index.php?topic=1814.0

DurtyDubs Caravan - http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4201765

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
We have BIG plans in store for this event.

Don't miss it.

Only 3 days to go.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
!!!!!!!! I originally heard that there was going to be a big "caravan" going up from Discover Mills early Sat morn!? That still on?
------
I think that I may save some money to take for the "BIG PLANS"

Redstripe

Banned
Car(s)
CW GTI
i know there will be a few of us rolling up there from South florida. If anyone wants to join us alone the way pm me.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
!!!!!!!! I originally heard that there was going to be a big "caravan" going up from Discover Mills early Sat morn!? That still on?
------
I think that I may save some money to take for the "BIG PLANS"

There is, indeed, and large Durty Dubs caravan being organized: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4201765

As far as the big plans go, some may require some funds, others won't.

More details soon. :thumbsup: