GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insurance rates for your GTI ?

paco

Passed Driver's Ed
I am 26 and i was quoted 1700$ per year for a 2007 Rabbit four doors. I have been told by my insurer that my "crucial point" would be arriving next year when I turn 27; it'll also be the third year I own my current vehicle.

I know insurance rates differ a LOT depending on each person's situation but I am curious to know how much fellow Canadian GTI owners have to shell out to insure their babies ?

Cheers,

--
paco

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
3500 im 18 and in BC clean driving record except for a crash when i hit black ice, and 2 speedign tickets

76er

Madman With Wheels
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I was quoted a little under $3000 with 10% discount on my insurance.

danno

Ready to race!
i was quoted 150 per month 1500 per year, for my gti. i'll know in a couple of weeks for sure.
23 with a squeaky clean record.

sadd3j

Vwoooooooooooooom
All the insurance rates are going to vary wildly depending on the location. Ontario is going to be the worst, with the GTA on top of the.. worst-places-to-own-a-car heap.

At 25, I'm paying somewhere around $210/mo.. one or two minor speeding tickets and one at-fault claim 6 years ago.

Man.. the idea that I pay $210/month outside of gas/service etc. just to drive my car.. .. sucks. :cry:

danno

Ready to race!
here in alberta klein reformed are insurance rates, mine dropped by 100 bucks per month. i also turned 21 at the time so that factors in too.

mawti

From the Lane
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
Over in Kazakhstan, I was quoted 830,000.00 tenge per year.

But here in Toronto, CANADA, I was quoted for a 26 year old primary driver, good record, $C3440/year of a 5-door GTI.

sadd3j

Vwoooooooooooooom
But here in Toronto, CANADA, I was quoted for a 26 year old primary driver, good record, $C3440/year of a 5-door GTI.

It might be high due to not having prior insurance history, or you may want to see if you have the (10%?) driving school discount etc. Or of course you may be downtown. I'm in Richmond Hill (which is also pretty bad, but I hear downtown is outrageous?)

papinboo

My insurance rate here in Sac, Cali is $95.16 a month for a year so 1115/yr. I might add thats fully covered, 21 male and married.

beltzner

The blur in your mirror
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
My rate at "The Personal" insurance is about $2200/yr for ..:
  • 2 drivers, my wife is set as primary, I'm secondary (both 30yrs old, no tickets, 5-star ratings)
  • liability, collision and comprehensive (theft, fire, windshield)
  • depreciation protection for first two years (will reimburse damages at purchase value for first 48 months)

I'm going to shop around to see if I can improve on that a little, too. I've been told that getting a broker can really, really help.

olympiaronnie

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 GTI
I was quoted at 3200$, tax in in Quebec for a 22 y. o primary driver, but dont take the "as new" insurance option in case your car is totaled from your insurance company, cause its only good for 2 years whereas VW dealers offer a 6 year deal for 1500$