GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs Civic LX

mach5

you are next
This is a long post...sorry for that.

There is a guy who lives around here who drives a 2006 Honda Civic LX. He has lowered it, black wheels, and I know that he has atleast a muffler and an intake.

I NEVER race on the streets. NEVER. But this guy is just begging to have his ass kicked. My girlfriend drives an 06 Civic LX too and he ALWAYS messes with her (in traffic) by reving his engine, peeling out next to her, speeding up slowing down...wanting to race her. He would also do the same with me when I had my previous car (99 Miata). He's an idiot. He is a member of a "street racing team" full of ricers. He seems to think that his car is the fastest import on the streets (I guess because it is the newest). He and his friends act as if Fast and the Furious (the first one) is their Holy Bible of car info. They claim to be "JDM" although none of their cars can even come close to being described as such.

Just to quote something he has said, "My chasis twisted and sent me into a curb" (explaining why he ran over a curb and damaged his car). Yeah, his chasis twisted from the massive amounts of power he is putting to the wheels...doubt it. What are those stock? 140? And with good quality parts what would that add? Although I doubt he has good quality parts, more like an ebay muffler and intake.

Anyway, like I said I never race on the streets...but every now and then people just ask for it and really get on my nerves enough for me to do it. Before my GTI there was a 97 or so Eclipse RS around here who got some rims and a loud muffler who thought his car was much faster that it really was...he would rev at me all the time...one day I just said to hell with it and raced him from a light and left him behind me. He never bothered me again.

With this guy in his Civic I am really at the point of doing the same. Although he hasn't bothered me in any way at all...either because he knows he doesn't stand a chance or (this is what I think) since it isn't a Japanese car he won't waste his time. Because we all know only Honda can make performance compact cars. I doubt that he would think he doesn't stand a chance against me while making the claims that he does. I know I shouldn't race this guy...mainly because I am scared he will do something stupid and might wreck into me...but damn I really want to.

But then again, I don't know...if he has enough power from his bolt on muffler and intake to twist his chasis...I might not stand a chance!

What would you do? Leave him alone and let him be an idiot...or make him shut up and leave you alone?

Sidenote: I raced my girlfriend in her Civic last night (it was about 2am, no cars/no traffic at all). I gave her a headstart, halfway through the intersection we were at, before I took off. Before I was at the speed limit she was behind me. I went to the speed limit, 50mph, and stayed there. She kept coming so I kept my car in 6th and gave it some more gas up to 60mph...she couldn't pass. After that she quit trying. Later she thought she would pass me when I wasn't paying attention. I noticed and as soon as she got beside me I went to 3rd and left her as if she hit her brakes. It was fun.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
God, this toolbag sounds like he deserves a good ass-whoopin'.

Arrange something with him late at night at a straight back road like you did with your girlfriend. Give him a stinkpalm and wear gloves when you drive. Then proceed to dominate and listen to excuses like "I didn't double-clutch" (even though it's an automatic).

RSC17

R32 OG
look like this?

no problem.

watch out though. that six foot wing adds about 100 hp.

just leave him alone, let him continue to look like an idiot
don't let him provoke you into racing him, you might

a) end up in a crash
b) get caught by cops

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
yeah and in the end.. when u get cought.. your car will get empounded... all because of an LX civic.... now think... is it worth it???? FUCK NO!

mach5

you are next
I'm not going to make an effort in any way to find this guy and race him or anything like that. I know he isn't worth my time.

It's just so anoying (although very funny) to hear the things he and his friends say. The best part is that they honestly really believe all the crap they are claiming. They are mostly still in high school or right out of it and seem to still have a pretty immature mentality. No offense to the younger crowd here, I'm not saying all people that age are like that.

Part of me could care less, I know the facts and on top of that I don't really care if someone has a faster car than me. If I wanted something faster I would have bought something faster. Even if your car is faster than the one next to you at the light there is always someone faster...I have nothing to prove. I did not buy my car for the purpose of street racing. That is why I am not going to race him at just any time.

Then another part of me really wants to make this guy eat his words and just him shut up at any given time. Especially when he his right next to you reving his engine at you. I bet he would be the type that if you didn't race he would tell his friends that he beat a GTI afterwards. I know they are idiots and all...but man...it's hard to keep composure after a while.

The only way I would actually race this guy is under very specific conditions. If by chance late one night on a certain road around here with no traffic etc we happen to meet then I will have to shut him up...the thing is that I really hope that happens. Other than that I will just look and laugh at him.

gtiTom said:
Just tell him to get it dyno'd and shut the f**k up. end of story

lol, I can see him saying, "why would I need it dyno'd? It said on ebay that it adds 30hp so I just add that to the stock HP!"

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You basically just summed up what me and vod mean when we make references to "Quebec Ricers". People like that are ALL over the place here. I definitely understand your pain, and I also know how hard it is to resist showing them what's what. Very rarely do I have fun cruising/racing events with cool people, and when I do, they're more often fellow dubs than not. Every kid around here with the econo trim of any japanese car adds wheels and cheap bolt-ons and drives around like he's a pro.

I say do it.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
eat him apart lol

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
j d m??? what the hell is that? i know what it is but it's nothing! i hate those guys who run around jdm! jdm! what fuckin losers jdm adds no performance what so ever it's just a stock part modded a little thats all!. notice how all jdm parts are on ebay and no where else???. anyway back to the jdm guy! i wouldnt race him especially if he hit a curb!. that means he cant drive and he may crash into you just let him go about his ricer ways and im sure he'll rear end somebody and get his ass whooped!. or you can do it like i used to do back in dc and have someone steal his shit strip it then give it back fucked up!! we are petty like that in the nations capitol where we murder for capitol!!. capitol=money