GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Often Is Too Often?

derekjl

Ready to race!
...to wash our cars? I usually have mine done at the touch free place (Laser Wash) about 2-3 times a week. Is this too much? What kind of affect will frequent washing have on the surfaces and parts?

bcaciopp

A smile every mile.
Imho, if you are careful always to thoroughly rinse the car before scrubbing so any sand and / or stones do not scratch the finish as you sponge it, you should be fine. Other than that go for it.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
omfg u take it there 2-3x a week WOW...if u do the mid grade thats prolly 14-21 bux a week...close to 100 a month, 1200 a year...DAMN

anon1mous

Car(s)
2006 GTI
ive been swamped with work and such, but i still manage to wash mine about once a month.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
what are these "touch free" car wash places i hear of...i dont think i have ever seen one

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
lol really? they just use water...and soap but a brush or w/e NEVER touches the car...so its basically only washing off surface dirt that hasnt stuck on too hard, but useless for getting off those damn love bugs

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
...to wash our cars? I usually have mine done at the touch free place (Laser Wash) about 2-3 times a week. Is this too much? What kind of affect will frequent washing have on the surfaces and parts?

That's too much. I wouldn't want to be the guy who gets to change your brake rotors down the road.

Seriously that much washing will burn through your wax jobs, cause corrosion in places you didn't know your car had and in general is not worth the 5 minutes of your time vs using a bottle of QD and a MF towel 2-3x per week.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I wash my car a couple times a week (one good wash and one spray down). I did this to my last black new car as well. It should be fine as long as you wax your car well. Don't cut corners on waxing, and get nice products such as microfiber clothes,etc,etc. I have a black car and I like to keep it clean. Then again I've had it for about 6 months and I have 6 coats of wax on it, 3 leather cleaning and conditioning treatments, and 2 personal detailed cleanings.

funnycar

Autocross Champion
I never wash mine more than 2 times,,, a year! Washed my red one after buying it in April. Still looks great at 30'. Banning the car from the garage to remain out in some hard rains help in the upkeep.

962dreamer

Schumacher wannabe
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Your wallet is fatter than mine.

Get a good start with Klasse. Follow periodically with Mike's Buffalo Milk. As needed use a 'detailer' to get the crud off and dust daily.

HTH -