GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Junyan Taillights

Acoustic81

In-Tune
Hey guys (and ladies), has anyone installed these taillights on their MKV?

http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/product.asp?category=4&ID=11367

I just want to know if anyone else had the problems i had installing them...if I just got a defective pair or they really are cheap pieces of crap.

First off, they didn't sit flush with the side of the car. Second, when I was just hand tightening the nuts onto the lights, the plastic posts that the bolt was mounted on, snapped into a million pieces on both sides of the car! I was able to salvage the one side, but the other broke so completely that there's no way I could mount it. :mad:

And as far as it not sitting flush with my car, someone told me that VW has a patent on the shape of the taillight so no aftermarket taillight will sit right...true? :iono:

If others have had problems, I'm going to ask for my money back...otherwise, i'll just exchange them for another set. Thanks!

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Sorry to hear about your misfortune! Sounds like a bad quality item, I would just leave everything stock IMO. Please let us know what the manufactuer says on getting your money back.

Nikerey

Darkness
Damnit, those were going to be the only taillights i would have bought for the MKV. It sounds like its just generally poor quality. I dont know about the whole "VW patented their taillights" thing. Even if this was true, the aftermarket tails would have to be greatly different in order to comply with the patent. I guess ill be smoking my tails.

BlackmagicMKV

Touring Car Champion
Check out tmtuning they sell taillights that look just like that but I bet their product is a lot better. Plus I have heard good stuff about them from others on this forum.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that. Those are some awesome looking tails. I'd say have them send you another pair, and if you have the same problem say screw it and get your money back. Those look hot enough that I think it's worth one more try!

Acoustic81

In-Tune
After seeing them on TM site, i figured i'd go ahead and ask them about their lights...here's the email conversation between me and the sales rep at TM (they had a really fast response time on email...i give them major points for that)

Me: "I was wondering who manufactures the blackout taillights you have on your site. The item number is: G5-L-107."

TM: "They are produced by a subsidiary company of Depo, Germany."

Me: "So they're not made by Junyan?"

TM: "Junyan? ... No, I have never heard of this company before and we have no business dealings with any company named Junyan, we order all parts from Germany companies only."

So that settles it...I'm getting my money back from where I bought them and buying the set from TM. And here i thought they were the same ones...

Nikerey

Darkness
Acoustic81 said:
After seeing them on TM site, i figured i'd go ahead and ask them about their lights...here's the email conversation between me and the sales rep at TM (they had a really fast response time on email...i give them major points for that)

Me: "I was wondering who manufactures the blackout taillights you have on your site. The item number is: G5-L-107."

TM: "They are produced by a subsidiary company of Depo, Germany."

Me: "So they're not made by Junyan?"

TM: "Junyan? ... No, I have never heard of this company before and we have no business dealings with any company named Junyan, we order all parts from Germany companies only."

So that settles it...I'm getting my money back from where I bought them and buying the set from TM. And here i thought they were the same ones...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :headbang: :thumbup: :thumbup:
That makes me soo much happier. I was going to order those from TM but was worried after reading the first post. Hopefully the tails from TM are much higher quality.

http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/asp/...ory=4&ID=11591

I'm thinking about these for my car at the risk of being rice however. Might work on a Reflex Silver, I dunno

I think those will look good on a Silver. Youll have a bunch of people on here telling you that its rice because its clear but its your car so do what you think looks good.

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
Yeah I'm going to order the same ones from TM if I decide to do it. I know TM sells the In-Pro ones, which from my experience with BMWs make nice products. Still undecided on those, the R32s or the new OEM LEDs (if they ever make them) I really just want rear fog lights :iono: