GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So last night (1/4 goodness)...

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I watched an 07 Fahrenheit (LC) run a 13.68. Mod list? Giac stage 1. No intake, no exhaust mod of any kind, nothing else.

Friends GTI w/ Revo stage 2 (w/ occasional fuel cut pleasures), Eurojet TBE, and P-Flow ran a 14.1 best before he felt his clutch slip and decided to give her a break. Not a freak track. Added bonus info: 2 modded (not sure what specifically) 350Z's weren't getting anything better than 14.39, repeated runs. Sorry for lack of traps... I didn't get them all. I think the Fahrenheit was @ 103.
It was a cold night.

Discuss.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
there is something screwed up with that track's timing

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It's a true 1/4 mile, NHRA drag strip near Montreal and pretty much the only one any serious local racers ever use. Tuesday nights are street nights.

Track timing was fine. I was there for a while watching a wide variety of cars go at it.

No he's not lying about mods. He knows nothing about our cars, which is the sad part tbh. When asked what chip he was running, he was only able to tell us where he got it. We know from that what it is. When asked what suspension he had on his response was: "I don't know I asked my dealer to make it lower." Stock tires, stock wheels, mildly lowered, Forge spacer, and Giac stage 1, no exhaust work whatsoever, and no intake.

He ran a few low to mid 14's as well, then managed a high 13, and the 13.68. Like I said, my friend in a Revo stage 2/TBE/Intake'd GTI 6MT ran a 14.1 @ 101 or so. Sound abnormal to you? Only thing that I can think of to repeat is that it's quite cold at night here, low humidity, and maybe elevation? Other than that... nothing screwy going on at all.

Not like he's a friend or anything, and I find it sad when people don't even bother to know what they're putting in their cars. IMO he didn't deserve the run he got =P

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
That's a pretty high trap too, even for Stg 2 cars. How much does the driver weigh? How much gas did he have. I mean, not to nit pick, but he had to have something done weight wise in order to run that fast, and even then, the trap still remains questionable. I wonder what iBoost has run, because he's DSG Revo Stg 2 with the ATP catless DP, and I guess he's one of the fastest in his area (FL).

Anyhow, maybe it's a factory freak.

Mkodada, chipped GTI's should be running less than a 14.5 if the driver can drive. Car and Driver got a 14.5@95 with a Pkg 2 4 door with Huffs 6MT, which is one of the heavier combos you can have, plus test equipment weight and a full tank of gas. Obviously they know how to drive as that's part of their job, but I got a 14.871@94.3mph with intake only Pkg 1 6MT with 26 pound rims and a ton of intercooler heatsoak (it was about 85 out that night and humid). I feel I could've gotten a 14.6 or 14.7 if it was cooler out, and now with the DP, I'm hoping a 14.4 or 14.5 (no chip), soon.

Sorry though, back OT.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
It does sound too good to be true, but true it is. I was quite shocked and in awe when I watched him pull that time. I'll say it again... a guy who doesn't even bother to know what's going into this car doesn't deserve to run that kind of time... I was almost irritated he did, but I thought I'd post anyway because it's an impressive thing for us MKV'ers to know.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
damn, thats a real nice time. was it dsg? i know thats not going to justify the INCREDIBLE and ODD time it ran but just wondering.

he didn't even know that brand chip he had???? i'm sorry, but if you're chipped, you know what the hell you have. i don't think the LC would have made that much of a difference either. you didn't know the guy? i'd say he's pulling your leg and playing dumb.