GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traction control light: almost always on!

colbornjames

Car(s)
'07 VW GTi
Since I started taking my Mk5 on the track I must admit I've been really happy with how it performs. This being said, I have to say that since I've been doing it, the traction control light seems to be on more and more, even if I accelerate on the street. Sure, coming out of corners I'd expect it to be working but accelerating in 2nd or 3rd or when braking!!!

Anyone else seeing it working overtime or is it just me?

BTW, my GTi is stock, no mods at all :)

Thanks,

James

colbornjames

Car(s)
'07 VW GTi
I've only done 1,000 miles on the tires (granted 500 on the track) and I'm a smooth driver... maybe the VW dealer was right and I do need new tires already! :iono:

crogers6569

Ready to race!
If VW said you need new tires you are probably needing a new set very soon. They just doa tread depth measurement. Going into the winter months with worn tires, especially hi-performance summer tires, migh tnot be the best of ideas and could be the cause of your recent traction issues.

ScGRaceR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 R32
use a tread depth gauge.. any tire place should be cool with letting you borrow it.... then if you need tires... GET them dont play the "i think they are ok for now" its your life !

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
fuck no, that crazy, comming out a turn skidding, sending brake signals while youre trying to accelerate out is going to just fuck up the balance.

turn it off.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
fucked me up against a v6 accord in the rain... now that guy thinks his AT accord is fast as hell... loser...