GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canadian 5 doors..?

Bugs

Ready to race!
I just placed an order for a 5 door/White/6spd/18s/sunroof for my wife.

Dealer says they go into production first of June he believes. Any idea time frame before we may actually see the cars in Canada? Dealer wasnt very insightful, and none of the other dealers will talk about the 5 doors, as im not buying from them.

Mokona

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered my 5 door Candy White DSG Leather Package with 18's back in mid April and was told mine should go into production end of May and be here by Mid-August or so. Dunno if that helps but that's what I've been told.

gyuri

Ready to race!
I ordered my 5 door UG with 6spd manual and 18" wheels on April 27th. I just went to the dealer today to check on the status and they were able to print out a status report from their computer.
It just went into production and scheduled to sail by June 28th. Then from Halifax port it needs to be trucked to Toronto. Scheduled time of arrival in Toronto is 24th of July.
Also the dealer has been telling me from the beginning that the official release date for the 5 door is not until early August, ( they don't have an exact date yet ) so even if the car is here before that they have to hold it until the official release day.
Has anyone else heard this from any dealers?

Double-V

Go Kart Champion
I heard the same thing about my car - it is in production, although the system shows mine as being delivered to the dealership on July 31, 2006. He was unsure if VWOC will issue orders not to release cars before the official launch date or not. He doesn't think there will be much fanfare about it, so he thinks they might be able to release it once they prep it.

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
Week of July 17th for me here in edmonton, from Norden autohaus.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
davesee said:
congrats on everyones order! but i dont know how you all can stand wait so long :eek:

it was hard enough for me to wait a few days :laugh:

All good things come to those whom wait........

Like coilovers, catback, tint, boost gauges, ICE, :biggrin:

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
The wait is killing me, I think I annoyed my salesman by calling and e-mailing too much... I'm wating till I get the euro springs from parts4vw's which should be on the way and as soon as I get them I'll bring em to the dealer so they can install them when the car arrives and I have it lowered when I pick it up...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
zither99 said:
Week of July 17th for me here in edmonton, from Norden autohaus.

ok so i know someone is gonna get mad at me coz this is completely off topic...but why was chris pronger so pissed that he wanted a trade?

BIGBERTHA

Ready to race!
zither99 said:
The wait is killing me, I think I annoyed my salesman by calling and e-mailing too much... I'm wating till I get the euro springs from parts4vw's which should be on the way and as soon as I get them I'll bring em to the dealer so they can install them when the car arrives and I have it lowered when I pick it up...

Dude...I would wait on the eurosprings for now. The 2007 GTIs destined for the US are going to have the lowered ride height (it had been confirmed). I'm thinking there's a good chance that your 2007 5 door may have the eurosprings already installed. The dealer would never confirm it, but I would be patient and see.

Ps. Pronger's wife is a douche!

unitedGTIguy

Passed Driver's Ed
zither99 said:
The wait is killing me, I think I annoyed my salesman by calling and e-mailing too much...

You and me both! I've been waiting since early April for my 5 door DSG. I was originially told the latest would be the end of June. Then, was told they oversold, and it would be the end of July. Now I'm told it left on the back of a train from Halifax the 10th of July, and I should have it any second now. Hence, I've been cruising the lot, calling, and e-mailing the poor sucker.
All I can say is they BETTER be releasing it too me the second it's been PDI'd.