GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: MISHIMOTO RADIATOR for 2.0T GTI/GLI

Valandil

Passed Driver's Ed
Do these things work with aftermarket intercoolers? I mean usually the intercoolers are already thicker pushing everything closer to the bumper so was wondering if this would work with an IE intercooler?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Do these things work with aftermarket intercoolers? I mean usually the intercoolers are already thicker pushing everything closer to the bumper so was wondering if this would work with an IE intercooler?

The problem won't be on the bumper side, I puts the rad fans closer to the throttle body pipe though. Joshohol had this issue when he did his setup. Not many people running this with an intercooler. I can let you know once I do mine how it turns out though.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Oh it does! We ran this on my buddies MKV GTI GTS car and it kept coolant Temps way down. To the point where we wired in manual fan controls and only had to kick the fans on when they were needed. At this point it's just a fitment thing, it works with stock intercooler but people have had issues with larger cores. I will be ordering this within the next couple weeks and will report back asap.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Will this fit a mk6 GTI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will not work on any TSI motor. The actual pipes off the radiator are in a completely different location. The only option currently available for the TSI is the $1k Tyrol sport rad.