GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Members Area > Off-topic / Misc.
Ringer Racing

Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #3345
merkeyterkey
The Real FLATTIRE

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMark5 View Post
Anyone still out there?
No

lets talk F1

Why did Ferrari sign Kimi to another year...
merkeyterkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 AM   #3346
RSMark5
GolfMkV Elite

Drives: 06 Passat 3.6 4motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkeyterkey View Post
No

lets talk F1

Why did Ferrari sign Kimi to another year...
I've been saying that for the past 3 years.

Hes a great number 2 driver. Very consistent. You know what you're getting. Maybe Seb isn't comfortable with some young talent? Stupid though, Ferrari need to be thinking of their future past Seb now.

Anyone got any need for some custom wheel spacers for the MKV/6/7. They're 17.5mm with a 57.1 inner CB and 66.56 outer centerbore.
RSMark5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #3347
merkeyterkey
The Real FLATTIRE

Quote:
I've been saying that for the past 3 years.

Hes a great number 2 driver. Very consistent. You know what you're getting. Maybe Seb isn't comfortable with some young talent? Stupid though, Ferrari need to be thinking of their future past Seb now.
Kimi is such a mediocre driver as of late, maybe the car doesn't suit his style. What do you think of Lewis giving Bottas his spot back was that last race or two races ago...?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #3348
RSMark5
GolfMkV Elite

I think kimi just fits into ferrari well. The team seem to really be gelled well together for the first time in a long time. It almost reminds me of when Ross Brawn and Jean Todt wore red.

Hamilton's a bro. People hate him and yes his social media stuff is way out there. His hair's stupid. Hes got a cute dog though. But really that was a good move from a team standpoint. Some day he'll need the favor returned to him. So smart move.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #3349
merkeyterkey
The Real FLATTIRE

Quote:
I think kimi just fits into ferrari well. The team seem to really be gelled well together for the first time in a long time. It almost reminds me of when Ross Brawn and Jean Todt wore red.

Hamilton's a bro. People hate him and yes his social media stuff is way out there. His hair's stupid. Hes got a cute dog though. But really that was a good move from a team standpoint. Some day he'll need the favor returned to him. So smart move.
I cant tell if I hate Lewis or love him, but when he gave that place back my heart melted a little. And really the only reason I dislike him is because of his off track antics and the Still I Rise attitude but honestly who cares, what he does on his own time is his business. At least he's not like Kyle Bush on track, I fucking hate that guy.

Now Seb on the otherhand, I used to love him but when he slammed into Lewis a race or two ago it totally changed my view and now I realize how whiny the man is. I thought for sure he needed a once race ban.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:59 AM   #3350
RSMark5
GolfMkV Elite

See, I love seb. On and off the track. I loved him back at RBR for the first 2 years. His ultra competitiveness has lead to some questionable moments though. Multi-21 is the first to come to mind. Then that bone head move a couple races ago. Red mist man, its real. The thing is though, I love his personality away from the track. Wants nothing to do with the media. Keeps his private life private. Hell his own team didn't know his wife was pregnant this last time until the baby was due.

Alonso is my driver though. Has been since he was dancing on top of Renaults. I feel so bad for him right now. I honestly hope he packs it up and goes to race Indy or IRL or whatever that series is called.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #3351
merkeyterkey
The Real FLATTIRE

Quote:
See, I love seb. On and off the track. I loved him back at RBR for the first 2 years. His ultra competitiveness has lead to some questionable moments though. Multi-21 is the first to come to mind. Then that bone head move a couple races ago. Red mist man, its real. The thing is though, I love his personality away from the track. Wants nothing to do with the media. Keeps his private life private. Hell his own team didn't know his wife was pregnant this last time until the baby was due.

Alonso is my driver though. Has been since he was dancing on top of Renaults. I feel so bad for him right now. I honestly hope he packs it up and goes to race Indy or IRL or whatever that series is called.
I went to Indy this year just to see Alonso in real life. The sigh from the crowd when his car stopped was funny in a heartbreaking way. At least Sato won, that was the next best thing next to Alonso taking it.