GOLFMKV

My PTE5858

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I ran a 550whp Camaro earlier

https://vimeo.com/177492923

I did a few other runs with him but the trans was acting up. In the middle of the run it would flash 123456 on the display and then return to normal when I would coast to a stop. Is this a "safety" feature saying the dsg temp is getting up there? It was 105 degrees outside today

clutches too hot. Flashing 123456 because you are in manual mode it would flash PRNDS if you were in auto mode.

I just had my DSG redone. I opted for traditional seperate cooler for the DSG fluid (basic trans cooler circulates trans fluid through fanned heat exchanger). I don't have your kind of power but I did mine in with heat (track use and since it is just a fun car it gets driven hard everytime out). After looking at how the current cooler worked I felt the traditional type cooler is going to be more effective than giving the existing cooler its own resevoir, pump and fanned heat exchanger. If you still want to go that way I believe the TT motor uses a larger core unit than the ones found on our cars.

Got mine from INA engineering. I still need to cap off the stock unit.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
How much did the ina set you back?

Do you have a before/after result of your fluid temps?

Is the pump continuously running or do you have a toggle switch for it?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
How much did the ina set you back?

Do you have a before/after result of your fluid temps?

Is the pump continuously running or do you have a toggle switch for it?

I do not have with and without fluid temps yet. Waiting until I go to the track next time. That is where the big issue is for me.

I have a dash mounted switch for it.

I will PM you what I paid but not sure if I got a break on pricing as I had done something for him.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I do not have with and without fluid temps yet. Waiting until I go to the track next time. That is where the big issue is for me.

I have a dash mounted switch for it.

I will PM you what I paid but not sure if I got a break on pricing as I had done something for him.

Cool deal [emoji1360]

Right now I think my heat issue is due to the clutches slipping. All the spinning without being able to catch. Sounds plausible to me but idk.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Cool deal [emoji1360]

Right now I think my heat issue is due to the clutches slipping. All the spinning without being able to catch. Sounds plausible to me but idk.

Stick it on the dyno and log boost and you will know very quickly if they are slipping. That is how I discovered mine. First dyno run we noticed that the usual correspondence between boost and torque was not there. Boost would spike early as per the tune but torque did not go up as expected.

Driving the car I really couldn't feel any slipping but 2 trips to the dyno confirmed the issue. So... fresh clutches, DSG cooler and an LSD went in recently.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Took the marshmallow to a show today. Hadn't been to one in 7 years

I won the show favorite [emoji1360]

Some other pics of the show

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Maybe ill go start mine, been sitting since september an before that since july, an before than since april lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk