GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
just sat up high off the seat, stuffed my sweatshirt under my butt. As soon as I saw it coming towards me I said "Oh Fuck" out loud. The windshield was already cracked so I was sure it was going to blast right through. Hit about 1/2" under the existing crack but didnt break it all the way. Had to get a rental car for today so I wasnt driving it. There is rust at the seam where the glass meets the roof from a previously botched windshield install which I was going to have a body shop repair but I have a friend that does auto glass for payment in 6-packs and im going to DIY the rust repair/paint. Cheapest quote I got was $600 with no glass install/removal and thats alot of GTI parts so i'll wing it

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Things shouldn't penetrate the windshield so it did its job there.

Jeff what data acquisition are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Holy shit. I didn't mean to kick off Bad Luck Friday like that haha. Glad everyone is okay.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Scrolling through Facebook, one of my friends had a nail go through his tire. Strange how bad luck is this week...

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Things shouldn't penetrate the windshield so it did its job there.

Well, if you guys remember one video in Russia, where a brick fell of an oncoming semi (on a one lane roadway) and flew into a guy's car windshield instantly killing his wife who was his co-passenger.

Shit does go through the windshield, just rarely enough.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
People who are into photography, I want a nice-ish camera to start doing some photos of my car...anyone got any recommendations? It's been a long time since I've been in the DSLR world, so I'm not sure what's good and what's shit these days. Im thinking I'd like to stay under $500, if possible.

Edit: Depending on the body, I already have glass.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
My Stones are cooked. They look like slicks now Jeff. But I did my last event of the season today. It was 77 and sunny. Lol

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
People who are into photography, I want a nice-ish camera to start doing some photos of my car...anyone got any recommendations? It's been a long time since I've been in the DSLR world, so I'm not sure what's good and what's shit these days. Im thinking I'd like to stay under $500, if possible.

Edit: Depending on the body, I already have glass.

My D5200 has been a solid entry level camera for me. I will admit I still don't know what I'm doing with it sometimes, but the quality is great.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
My Stones are cooked. They look like slicks now Jeff. But I did my last event of the season today. It was 77 and sunny. Lol

its 24 degrees out right now, still have 3 maybe 4 events left.

They will be cold, yesterday if you didn't have a codriver you couldn't be competitive.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
its 24 degrees out right now, still have 3 maybe 4 events left.

They will be cold, yesterday if you didn't have a codriver you couldn't be competitive.

I overheated my fronts because my brother drove with me and we forgot to bring a sprayer. Would have been faster alone!

There are still 3 SCCA events left here locally but all the points are done and my favorite autoX sanctioning body AAS was done yesterday.

I'm waiting for the AAS points to go up but I think I finished 3rd in the indexed ST class which is almost 40 drivers. It's all the ST* classes indexed together so we would compete with pax every week if you were here. It's really fun. I had two ST* class wins there this year which was awesome because it's a deep field. I'm pretty sure I lost to a STR MC which took 2nd and a STU C5 Vette took first.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I overheated my fronts because my brother drove with me and we forgot to bring a sprayer. Would have been faster alone!

There are still 3 SCCA events left here locally but all the points are done and my favorite autoX sanctioning body AAS was done yesterday.

I'm waiting for the AAS points to go up but I think I finished 3rd in the indexed ST class which is almost 40 drivers. It's all the ST* classes indexed together so we would compete with pax every week if you were here. It's really fun. I had two ST* class wins there this year which was awesome because it's a deep field. I'm pretty sure I lost to a STR MC which took 2nd and a STU C5 Vette took first.

scca is basically done here other than a for fun team event, theres about 8 clubs that run out of the local venue rotating days.

stx locally died this year, str is competitive though