GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who in here owns a MKV R32??? Sign in!

Yea Jason recently finished his custom Supercharger kit for the B7 RS4 which is now in production I believe as well as his Twin Turbo kit for the V8 R8's. His work is top notch for sure. Hard to beat his B5 S4 Smic's too. Alot of fast cars come out of that shop and they have recently relocated to a bigger shop that I have yet to visit.

I believe he's a UM dealer and if so i'll be doing my software up there w/ before and after dyno charts that ill post somwhere on these boards :thumbup:

Sweet cars man as a side note
I have a newer S6

JoeyR32

R32

I found #67 2008 R32 in March 2014. Deep Blue in color. I've learned that the 1st 1000 of the 2008 R32 were offered to the original 2004 owners first.
Can anyone verify this?

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Congrats!
As far as what you heard, the only thing I've heard is the number plates don't mean anything because they were randomly applied.

Ausgezeichnet.:R32

Car(s)
R32
.:R32 3182/5000

I bought my 2008 R32 in December 2011 and have had two notable issues in the past 38,000 miles:

1) Strut Tower Bearings - They seem to be really soft for aggressive driving or rough roads. I've had three sets replaced about ever 10,000 miles before the front end starts making a knocking noise when shifting from forward to reverse and vice-versa. Mind you, Denver roads plus Ice and snow are hard on a car's suspension.

2) AC Thrust Sensor - The first time the temperature hit 108° her in SoCal, my AC quit working. I figured it was a sensor of some type, but before I knew it the cooling fan was running on high just after startup, even when the engine was cold. After some investigation on other blogs, I removed the plug to the high-pressure "thrust" sensor (on the AC's high side) to find out that the plug was "wet" in appearance and smelled like freon. The cooling fans no longer ran on high after startup when the thrust sensor plug was disconnected. After more investigation on the blogs, I found out that it is common for the high-pressure sensor to crack internally causing a catastrophic failure. All the freon in my AC system leaked out as a result (not the end of the world), but I wish VWAG would acknowledge this as part of an EPA replacement program since all of my freon has since escaped into the atmosphere and my AC no longer worked.

Other than that, this car has been effen AMAZING! Cannot beat that guttural sound of the exhaust from a VR6 motor, the lightening fast shifting of the DSG, and the handling that just BEGS to be driven harder around a tight turn. I've raced motorcycles in both Colorado and California on twisty tracks, and I can only imagine the motorcycle driver's butthole was puckered-up when I blipped up the revs by down shifting and took a turn at 90 mph whilst he was to chickenshit to do the same. AMAZING performance! AMAZING ingenuity! I love "sleeper cars" like this that are unassuming to the layman (and police). It's not VWAG's best car for snow: you need true QUATTRO TOR-SEN* differential driven performance to be launched through the snow.

*Funny side-bar... TOR-SEN differentials and BorgWarner drivetrains (part of the DSG) are both American companies that get little to no recognition as well as little American patriotism via implementation into in American automobiles, yet they make the best products. Who woulda thunk??? Keep up the good work VWAG!

http://instagram.com/p/sOZEBcOxzi/

AnthonyR32

Just bought #313 yesterday

Alexr32

Slo32
Car(s)
2008 r32
Hey I'm Alex. Just signed up on here. I have a grey 08 r32 #2,662. I'm from md looking to meet new ppl and find some nice meets to go too.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
I became new owner of #4287, candy white 08' R32, basically stock except for exhaust flap disabled. My 06' GLI was totaled by a deer, so insurance payed out 6k as my down payment on it. I do want better wheels for it tho.

Last edited:

DeepBlueR32

Bought a 2008 R32 with 63k miles. It came with beat up 17" after market wheels, I threw on some 2008 Audi TT 18x8" wheels with spacers to fix the off set. Looks like I can't post a pic in Safari. Looking forward to a lot of learning... Which means a lot of reading. lol