GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline suspension products……..

kidplatinum

Passed Driver's Ed
subscribed. I'm interested in picking up both bars, but only after this lateral movement issue has been solved.

I have been in contact with WL and was advised that in the UK a "glue" solution has been used. I replied just a few minutes ago asking for details. I know that clamps are available but not for the USA as of yet. They work in the same manner as amrjon self made fix works. From the pictures I received via email the clamps are much smaller (not as wide...less surface contact) than the clamp amrjon made.

I personally will be ordering the heavy duty endlinks that are available now for the rear. I also plan on ordering the front heavy duty endlinks when available in the USA, not to mention the clamps. Since the clamps appear to be so thin width wise I will be placing one on each side of the bushing.

Biotech

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been in contact with WL and was advised that in the UK a "glue" solution has been used. I replied just a few minutes ago asking for details. I know that clamps are available but not for the USA as of yet. They work in the same manner as amrjon self made fix works. From the pictures I received via email the clamps are much smaller (not as wide...less surface contact) than the clamp amrjon made.

I personally will be ordering the heavy duty endlinks that are available now for the rear. I also plan on ordering the front heavy duty endlinks when available in the USA, not to mention the clamps. Since the clamps appear to be so thin width wise I will be placing one on each side of the bushing.

Good to know.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Would there be much interest in the R32 community for this sort of upgrade if it was added to the range?

I'd definitely be happy if there would be a stronger front sway bar link.
My OEM links where broken soon.

:thumbsup:

lcus

Learning
Whiteline sway bar lateral lock:
http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=KLL1_ _

paintballman

You certainly shouldn't need a press, I've seen 3 or 4 installed and none have required a press to remove the OE rear control arm mount.

I considered selling the front control arms and WALK already installed onto a set of control arms and just doing like a 'core' setup where people would send their control arms back as the front bushings do require a press to remove the OEM rubber bushings, but I haven't seen to many folks having issues removing the OEM rear mounts to install the WALK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pscUai_ACUI

not true.....i just changed mine out today. you need a torch, hammer and a pair of pliers. Heat up the inner steel bushing for a couple minutes and let the rubber melt down...........then hammer out the bushing and use the pliers if necessary. You might need a chisel to take out the inner sheet metal bushing. (only had one side give me an issue) took about 10 mins per side.:thumbsup: