GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel bolts - torque setting?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Can one of you clever peoples tell me what is the correct torque setting for Golf wheel bolts please?

DW58

Go Kart Champion

dadu

Ready to race!
My bad, wanted to say 80...
I still prefer screwing/unscrewing by hand.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I still prefer screwing/unscrewing by hand.

Isn't that what everyone does - surely the "torquing" is only to ensure the bolts aren't under/over tightened?

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
yea its 120nm in the manual page 371 on how to tighten the wheel to replace them. the hand tight thing works well if you know how tight but some people arnt even sure how to change a wheel at all lol. have had to go change a few womens wheels myself who think hand tight means untill you cant screw no more lol, even had a saxo call in on three wheels as the fellow got new alloys and done this.

monty537

Quick question..... Is VW still using a 17mm wheel bolt on the MK7?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
AFAIK Yes, torque to 120Nm.

rakeshka

Ready to race!
yes VW Golf 1.4 TSI SE atleast is using 17mm bolt. and the torque is 120Nm. Just did the wheel cleaing and sealant protection on saturday.

monty537

yes VW Golf 1.4 TSI SE atleast is using 17mm bolt. and the torque is 120Nm. Just did the wheel cleaing and sealant protection on saturday.

So it would be safe to assume that a GTI/GTD would be the same surely?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Yes.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I've never understood why the US insists on staying with archaic Imperial measures when almost the entire World uses Metric.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
DW58, tell me about it. When the weather report comes in I have to laugh.
If it is 32* why in the world is water freezing? Some day probly not in my life time though.