GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats your biggest pet peeve with you MKV

operamatt

M&B Racing
Car(s)
2007 GTI
in order to change the shifter it's gonna cost four times what it should because you have to buy the shift boot and all the goodies

not just the knob

agravating

voxomkid

Wait.. What?
well what i really hate about the car is the 2 doors of my car get full of lines from my shoes (right where the cupholders are on the doors) and both of my doors are full of white lines! every once in a while i have to go ahead and scrub the doors!

Original Slacker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Pet Peeve

My peeve is the friggin' dent my friend put in the passenger door when he opened it right into a park bench! Flawless until then. Also, there are some annoying rattles inside....mainly the center dash vent and the sunroof buffeting when open over 30mph. Otherwise, best and most fun car i've owned.

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
Hey Slacker, when you get wind buffeting through the sunroof, just turn the dial to close it a tiny bit and that solves the problem. It doesn't take much. And it sure beats having one of those ugly bolt-on external wind deflectors.

Zookeeper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI Fahrenheit
I think you have to hold the trunk button down for a couple seconds

This is true. Also, the advantage of using the hatch button on the remote is that when you close the hatch, it automatically locks again and the lights flash to confirm this. It's nice when you have your hands kind of full because you can just unlock the hatch and then put your key away.

Original Slacker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Yikes! Would Never add on a wind deflector! I like the sunroof to be OPEN and propping up the wind deflector a few more mm gets rid of the wind buffeting for me.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
It's nice when you have your hands kind of full because you can just unlock the hatch and then put your key away.

You can also press "Lock" before closing it (or, I think, any door) and after you close it, the car will lock and arm and go "beep" (if you're set with 'beep" confirmation).

Notoriouswithag

Slow+semi-low
Car(s)
2007 GTI
in order to change the shifter it's gonna cost four times what it should because you have to buy the shift boot and all the goodies

not just the knob

agravating

x2 Im purchasing the golfball shifter that came on our cars and swapping it out for the other one..i just dont want to spend all that money to replace it but I loove the feel of it

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
lower valances were not painted to match. what you save a few bucks on paint and then charge us 2k to get the painted ones? cheap asses.

but my #1 pet peeve. whats up with the random check engine? It shows up for a day, then its gone. WTF?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
^ Intake manifold flapper motor? That set my CEL off a few times, but once it went off automatically.