GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what kind of air ride for my mkv+?

2mmelit1

and shipping with ups takes 3 days from the US to Norway, the times isn’t the issue anyway as I am buying the kit now, and installing everything that I can, except the actual suspension, have the M.O.T after the summer, and then store away the car and mount the rest of the air-ride system in the fall! :)

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
what do you mean by MKV+

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Well if you look at the picture, it´s a little higher built Golf. More of a family-oriented version. There is also the "Cross-Golf" built on the Golf Plus but with a little trimparts and more of a 4x4 look.

Attachments

• 20".jpg
    20".jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 7,537

residentevol

Fugitive Trucker
Car(s)
On order 09 GTI UG
No its a totally different looking car...

Not sure on all of the specs on them but they have them over here...

And what I meant by the rear spring perches is on the top part of the spring where it sits on the frame there is a metal nipple that must be cut and ground flat to allow the air spring mount to sit correctly. There is also a metal nipple that must be cut in the bottome swing arm where the spring sits for the same reason. When you cut these dont hack them away like I did like an idiot. Cut them clean with a sawzall and hold onto them so when you want to go back to stock you can have them welded back in.

2mmelit1

No its a totally different looking car...

Not sure on all of the specs on them but they have them over here...

And what I meant by the rear spring perches is on the top part of the spring where it sits on the frame there is a metal nipple that must be cut and ground flat to allow the air spring mount to sit correctly. There is also a metal nipple that must be cut in the bottome swing arm where the spring sits for the same reason. When you cut these dont hack them away like I did like an idiot. Cut them clean with a sawzall and hold onto them so when you want to go back to stock you can have them welded back in.

ahaaaa, dont want to do that =/ welding and removing everyother year wouldent be best idea! :S

residentevol

Fugitive Trucker
Car(s)
On order 09 GTI UG
Keep in mind that is only the airlift kit that Im sure of that you cut (because I just did it)..I believe there are kits that mount w/out cutting but you sacrifice some low with those.

Jonny_5

Ready to race!
you're best bet is to go with an air strut up front like BY or Airlift and in the rear go with a universal bag like Uvair Air House 2 with brackets that bolt right in. No cutting or welding of the car necessary. It goes plenty low, but not as low as other options that require cutting.

My rear setup: Air House 2 with mk5 brackets. It's bolted to the lower control arm. The top bracket is bolted to the top of the bag.

Look up Dorbritz brackets on Vortex, they're pre-cut for maximum low.

absence

___liminal
But do I have to remove the whole rear spring perch? If so I cant have air-ride on my car..

some rear bags require you to remove the 'nub' on the rear spring perch to mount and/or get lower. Bagyard rears utilize a system that allows you to keep it; thus you can easily go back to stock.

of course, if you do cut the nub, going back to stock just requires welding on a new nub.

but i'll stick with bagyard :biggrin: tucking rim on both 17x9s and 18x8.5s (on 225/40/18s) in the rear is just too nice.