GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
ordered a sweater

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Glass would be better. $89 is temporary fix.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Dude, the stock ones are plastic.

Do they have that translucent purplish sheen (UV protectant) the OEM lenses do?

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Aren't all light lenses these days plastic? I'd rather have shards of plastic on the ground than glass if I break a lense

Zekkal

Yup...
Well it's been about 8 weeks since I've driven my GTI. I finally got back from training yesterday and luckily the Body shop owner let me pick my car up, even though they aren't normally open on Saturday.

Overall I'm really happy, even though he wouldn't smooth the markers and bumper moldings, but I understood his reasoning. They did replace the lip with an OEM Votex one and painted it, before it was plastidipped black and an ebay replica.
Plus they painted the markers to match, fixed the huge rock chip and dent in the hood (not that real big but really noticeable) fixed the door ding, and rolled the fenders flat. Liners were rubbing bad on the way home, so I had to trim them up a little bit. Upgraded the fogs to projectors too while they were in there.

Now I need to buy Thunder Bunny Skirts, That way I can finally install the rear Thunder Bunny Bumper without it looking weird.

Zekkal

Yup...
That looks awesome. Just out of curiosity, what was his reason for not smoothing the markers and mouldings?

He didn't want to risk the paint cracking in the parts he filled. I think his guys could do it right, but he didn't want to take the chance. No biggie, still turned out great ?

stefhauk

Ready to race!
Dude, the stock ones are plastic.

Do they have that translucent purplish sheen (UV protectant) the OEM lenses do?

Not sure yet since it hasnt arrived yet. Im sending this to iceland so it will take much more time :/ but according to usps it should be arriving any time now.

RedRabbit08

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV Rabbit
Finally.

Picked up my bumper from the paint shop a couple hours ago!

Just need to get my bottom 3 grilles and a fog kit.

Oh and tomorrow I'm going to spin the coils up quite a bit so winter doesn't eat my new bumper & lip.

Attachments

• IMG_9819-1 copy.JPG
    IMG_9819-1 copy.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 484

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Picked up my bumper from the paint shop a couple hours ago!

Looks great. I'm picking my car up from paint today as well, though I had the roof redone (clear coat failure). Also tornado red, so I'm curious to see how the match is.