Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Started the winter storage/motor pull and rebuild.

And opened the first of 3 boxes to come :)

Yay! Christmas came early this year at the Gespenst household I see. :happyanim:

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Did a little "roll" with a MK4 GLI on steelies. It was pointless in this crappy cold/wet weather, but still fun nonetheless. I love finding other VW enthusiasts :)

RedRabbit08

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV Rabbit
TyrolSport Brake Caliper Stiffening Kit

Just installed this yesterday, and will be doing RedStuff pads next week (with a fluid flush) for a quick brake upgrade just until next summer. My brakes were fading and the pedal just got so soft to the point where it began to scare me on the highway when I had to make any sudden stops.

With all OEM brakes and crappy worn front pads, this stiffening kit is truly amazing for what it is! I ended up getting the kit for $120 from Euroline Performance (Local) and it surly did not disappoint. I'm unsure why VW put the shitty rubber bushings in the first place which were basically melted to my caliper? Anyways, very easy install, remove the caliper with a 7mm allen bit and pull the OEM pins and bushings then replace with the new ones.

Of course I had to run into a problem... I had to pull out my dremel for the passenger side to sand the crap out of the holes where the OEM bushings were because of a stupid amount of rust and the OEM bushings melted inside quite a bit.

Overall a great product for the price, really stiffens up the pedal and also gives you better control of the brakes, I highly recommend this to anyone with OEM calipers that are looking for that extra bite and pedal stiffness/control.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 704

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I think he was being sarcastic, what with FWDLOL and all.
I was being serious...his car is an 09 like mine. But as an aside, yes, FWD drift is an oxymoron.
Just installed this yesterday... OEM bushings melted inside quite a bit.
That's interesting. My pads are holding up well but the pedal is soft and I wonder about those bushings. That kit is on my wishlist.

RedRabbit08

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV Rabbit
That's interesting. My pads are holding up well but the pedal is soft and I wonder about those bushings. That kit is on my wishlist.

Yeah after driving around with it for a bit, you really feel/notice it more and more. Honestly it should be standard on all MKV's since it makes such a substantial difference.

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Just got back from driving from Omaha, NE to Dallas, TX and back to see my dad for Thanksgiving.

33 MPG average with me and my brother and our luggage in the car. The skid plate saved my butt once when I hit a road gator. Also got pulled over for doing 72 in a 65 zone, but got a warning. Anyway.

Goodz

Ready to race!
Got my H&R Super sports in no pictures atm but car looks and feels great, also ordered my 3" catless DP :)

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Not today, but this week... swapped a cracked tail-light, repainted a damaged side of the car (fell on the scissor jack), cleaned it, installed HID projector fogs, and took it to a shop to get the headliner and the front and rear door panes done in black suede, as the current one had lost a battle with florida weather... very pumped...

Driving it with no interior is pretty weird... need to wait 3 days for the suede to be put on... and this break from college im working over time, so on January i can get my coilovers and rims :D

stefhauk

Ready to race!
Just ordered new glass for the headlights since the one that is now are terrible looking.

And i installed led number plate lights will post pics later.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Not today, but this week... swapped a cracked tail-light, repainted a damaged side of the car (fell on the scissor jack), cleaned it, installed HID projector fogs, and took it to a shop to get the headliner and the front and rear door panes done in black suede, as the current one had lost a battle with florida weather... very pumped...

Driving it with no interior is pretty weird... need to wait 3 days for the suede to be put on... and this break from college im working over time, so on January i can get my coilovers and rims :D

now there is a man who loves his car :headbang:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered new glass for the headlights since the one that is now are terrible looking.

Please share how the install of the new headlamp lens goes.