GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want at least 300 WHP

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
as many have said, ko4 is the ticket to 300whp. some are seeing numbers as high as 330whp <--- personally, that's what i'd like to see!:thumbsup:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
May I know what is the part number for quafe LSD for gti mk6 dsg? It comes with every part for installation?
I'll have to check the part number when I get home, but there is a lengthy list of additional things you will need for the installation.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Eurocode Tuning in Torrance, California. They've installed Quaife ATB LSDs in a number of DSGs. There is not much information available for working on the DSG so most shops won't touch them.

Halvie

WOOSA
I don't think a K04 on a GTI is silly. That actually makes no sense as the R has a K04 from the factory. AWD is cool but adding a true LSD makes a world of difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

beyond silly. I don't think our cars should have even come with 200hp. I think anything over 78hp is pushing the chassis far past its limit.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Eurocode Tuning in Torrance, California. They've installed Quaife ATB LSDs in a number of DSGs. There is not much information available for working on the DSG so most shops won't touch them.

Ok good. Yea that's who I was leaning towards for the install.

eddiemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
if you invest, invests in large! GT30! I do this and here the result of horsepower at the wheel

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
The model number for the Quaife ATB LSD for the MKV/MKVI with DSG is QDF19R. Here is the parts list from my install:

Quaife LSD FWD A3 (8P) 2WD: 2.0T 6AT DSG (02E trans)
ARP Bolt kit
Bearings for Quaife DSG LSD only part# 10.309.185K (set of 2)
DSG fluid
DSG trans rubber gasket
Trans sealing paste
Sealing ring output shaft passenger
Output shaft tip seal passenger
Drain Plug Washer
Sealing ring output shaft driver
Seal 24.3X6.4
DSG Trans Oil Filter
DSG Oil Filter Seal
DSG oil cooler seal
DSG Gear oil

eddiemk6

Passed Driver's Ed

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
beyond silly. I don't think our cars should have even come with 200hp. I think anything over 78hp is pushing the chassis far past its limit.

Lolwut. Oh halvie, you're such a silly lad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
K04 with supporting mods is a solid 5k on a DSG car and 6500 on a manual as well loss of warranty. Seems like buying a golf R at this point is a better idea.

clearly you don't really support modding, and clearly you're a dealer fan boy. That's fine, my buddy has a gti and won't mod it until his warranty is up. However, I bought a 2012 gti and modded it, because i didn't want to start on a platform that some 16 year old kid ragged on it. Also, when you buy a new car, you get better financing rates, and you can also lease a new car. Whether you buy a new car or used car is irrelevant. Did I void my warranty by going k04? Probably. Will I ever step foot in a dealer? Nope. I don't even go to the dealer for free oil changes. It's not the 1960's where your motor is going to blow up. If you maintain your car and aren't a jackass, you shouldn't have any problems. Even on the mk5's, with the cam follower issue, as long as you maintained the car and managed it, there were no issues. I don't trust dealers, and a lot of it has to do with that fact is that's how they make most of their money. I will only take my car to reputable tuning shops that I trust, even for oil changes. I have a brand new car with 4k miles and 365 hp. I love driving it. I wouldn't do it any other way.
You're argument on a forum that discussing modding, that modding isn't smart, isn't going to find a lot of love

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
^this

Where are all the stage 3 & K04 "my engine blew up" threads?

FAIL