GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VMR Wheels | V709 Wheels *NEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Any word on how strong the 19s are? I drive on some rough highways with some small but unavoidable potholes on my daily commute. I drive 600+ miles a week and can't be sidelined by a bent rim. My 18" hufs have held up fine, but I am nervous about 19s. I think 19s look great, but worried about how they'd survive on a daily driver.

Long story short, I'm another person who'd buy these in a second in 18". Every one of my friends I've polled thinks these are the best looking wheels I've shown them for my gti, too! I sooo want a set.

Plenty of people use our 19s on their daily drivers, but when it comes to questionable roads and potholes there are too many variables for us to say "you'll be fine" regardless if it was our 19'' or 18'' wheels.

VMR why constantly tease us? 19's are too aggressive for most of us. most here can't pay top dollar for the "original" wheels that you replicate, so we wait on great companies like yours to look out for us. alas, you make us wait and contemplate for months until you finally decide to get it right. there is a market here especially for these wheels. please consider making these in 18's soon.

I'm glad you like the wheels! As soon as I hear any news of plans to offer these wheels in 18'', you all will be the first to know.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Well, after bubbling my second tire since February on 18s, I am definitely out for 19s, despite my initial excitement about these wheels.

I am looking forward to pics of gtis on these 19s when they come out, but won't be a buyer until you can do 18s.

Still, outstanding looking wheels, guys!

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
I'd totally be in for 18" in Gunmetal. I'm local for testing too! *hint* :p

Here's a picture of that one Tampa GTI guy's car with the Audi wheels.

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
what i like about this multi spoke the best, is it looks like the spokes extend past the edge of the rim. the recessed lip behind the spokes right at the edge of the rim gives that illusion...at least to me.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
that's 235/40/18 on tampa's wheels, btw- which explains why the sidewall looks so big.

Status
Not open for further replies.