GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle body pipe, NEED HELP

Boosty

Ready to race!
So today i removed the noise pipe and my tb pipe arrived so I decided to put it in
There is literally all of 1 DIY for the mkv FSI

http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/threads/4486-Throttle-Body-Pipe-DIY

^ that's the only one i could find and tbh i feel its a little outdated and poorly done
Anyway i attempted to remove the pipe , skimmed the diy over and went for it
Got the pipe out pretty easily actually (minus all the tight fitting bolts) then i got stuck .
I tried to install the new pipe several ways ;
-Silicone coupler unattached from both tb and pipe
-Coupler attached to pipe
-coupler attached to tb
And no go. Couldn't get it to fit properly
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw a little FYI , i didn't remove the fan and tbh i don't know what the orientation for the coupler is supposed to look like. There is a larger end and a smaller end and i tried both ends on both the pipe and tb with no luck
I spent 3 hours cursing my ass of and still wound up with putting the stock pipe in :frown::frown::cry::cry:

Boosty

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Subaru
I ordered it from USP in a kit that came with an outlet pipe and the tb pipe , turns out in my kit the outlet pipe is for a ko4 , anyway this the pipe that the kit came with

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/SPULEN-2.0T-FSI-Throttle-Pipe.html

the k04 is just a little bigger is all. just take a rubber hose as a spacer for it and it should work

way i did my tbp was put the pipe on and bolted it up with the tb coupler on, and then slid on the lower coupler. the tbp is a pita for sure. hope that tip helps. ive had mine off a couple times now and that seems to be the fastest way.

Boosty

Ready to race!
the k04 is just a little bigger is all. just take a rubber hose as a spacer for it and it should work

way i did my tbp was put the pipe on and bolted it up with the tb coupler on, and then slid on the lower coupler. the tbp is a pita for sure. hope that tip helps. ive had mine off a couple times now and that seems to be the fastest way.
ATM I'm not worried about using the turbo outlet pipe , my main concern is the tb
Tomorrow if i have the chance i will be trying again. I honestly didnt try it that way , because i attempted to do it with fan on , getting the pipe up and through was a challenge and even when i did manage to get it up with the top coupler on the pipe i wasnt able to get the coupler on the tb itself. If the coupler were the same size all the way through I'd have no problems
Thanks for the tip i will try this when i attempt it again

What isn't fitting, brackets? Silicone?

Brackets fit , the pipe was bolted to the car without a coupler withoutuch problems, the sensor had no issues
Its just the silicone coupler that i have problems with , it may actually be a little to long . also i don't know which way to aim the bend on the coupler in such a way that the pipe wont rub on the fan

Boosty

Ready to race!
i dont take the fan off. just a pita no matter what you do. looks simple but i hate it

I know for sure with the fan off its prolly much easier but i don't wanna take it off..you mind showing me yours so i have an idea on the orientation of the coupler on top? If you can take one from underneath to that'd be great. If not that's cool to thanks red spade your always helpful

Car(s)
Subaru
I know for sure with the fan off its prolly much easier but i don't wanna take it off..you mind showing me yours so i have an idea on the orientation of the coupler on top? If you can take one from underneath to that'd be great. If not that's cool to thanks red spade your always helpful

i cant... i have a flip phone :cry:. i want to say the shorter end goes on the tb though

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
I havne't read through all the posts, but it sounds like you have problem maneuvouring the new throttle body pipe back in?

If that's the case, loosen the bolts on the bumper rail (4 on each side) JUST ENOUGH so that you can slide the entire radiator/condenser/intercooler assembly forward. By JUST ENOUGH, you have to watch the threads on the bolts to make sure they are still fully seated in threaded holes in the frame - you don't want that bumper rail falling on you.

This will give you the extra clearance you need.

Boosty

Ready to race!
I havne't read through all the posts, but it sounds like you have problem maneuvouring the new throttle body pipe back in?

If that's the case, loosen the bolts on the bumper rail (4 on each side) JUST ENOUGH so that you can slide the entire radiator/condenser/intercooler assembly forward. By JUST ENOUGH, you have to watch the threads on the bolts to make sure they are still fully seated in threaded holes in the frame - you don't want that bumper rail falling on you.

This will give you the extra clearance you need.

Clearance is definitely part of my problems but that sounds risky to me Lol
There was a point where i got the pipe with coupler attached and was able get it to the tb itself but then i had the issue of trying to squeeze the silicone on. To me this would be eaaier with another set of hands

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Clearance is definitely part of my problems but that sounds risky to me Lol
There was a point where i got the pipe with coupler attached and was able get it to the tb itself but then i had the issue of trying to squeeze the silicone on. To me this would be eaaier with another set of hands

It's really not that risky. I installed it myself along with the K04, injectors, etc. without a second pair of hands. It's the same approach that APR has for installing their intercooler. Look at their intercooler instructions if you want clarification.

Here's what I did:

1) Undo bolts on top of headlights (2 on each side). Leave the smaller bolt in place.
2) Loosen 4x bolts on each side of the bumper rail. Do not remove. Just loosen.
3) Slide radiator/condenser/intercooler assembly forward.
4) From above the engine bay, attach the silicone coupler to the throttle body. Tighten down the hose clamp for the throttle body. Slide the second hose clamp onto the throttle body, tighten it just enough so that it won't come off.
5) From under the car, slide the throttle body pipe into place, and then wiggle it until it fits properly into the silicone coupler. Turn it and twist it if you need to. You also want to secure the bolts for the throttle body at this time.
6) From above the engine bay, tighten up the hose clamp for the throttle body pipe.
7) Done.

Boosty

Ready to race!
It's really not that risky. I installed it myself along with the K04, injectors, etc. without a second pair of hands. It's the same approach that APR has for installing their intercooler. Look at their intercooler instructions if you want clarification.

Here's what I did:

1) Undo bolts on top of headlights (2 on each side). Leave the smaller bolt in place.
2) Loosen 4x bolts on each side of the bumper rail. Do not remove. Just loosen.
3) Slide radiator/condenser/intercooler assembly forward.
4) From above the engine bay, attach the silicone coupler to the throttle body. Tighten down the hose clamp for the throttle body. Slide the second hose clamp onto the throttle body, tighten it just enough so that it won't come off.
5) From under the car, slide the throttle body pipe into place, and then wiggle it until it fits properly into the silicone coupler. Turn it and twist it if you need to. You also want to secure the bolts for the throttle body at this time.
6) From above the engine bay, tighten up the hose clamp for the throttle body pipe.
7) Done.

You make it sound so easy Lol , when you say slide forward you mean push it towards the front of the car right ? Im just confused when you say " slide it"
How hard was the ko4 ? Just curious

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
You make it sound so easy Lol , when you say slide forward you mean push it towards the front of the car right ? Im just confused when you say " slide it"
How hard was the ko4 ? Just curious

Yeah, basically pull it forward when you are standing in front of the bumper rail.

K04 was not hard actually, just a little time consuming, as long as you dont run into seized/snapped bolts, etc. The downpipe and exhaust had to be loosened/removed to make room to move the turbo out of the way, and the coolant had to the drained.

On the other hand, removing and cleaning the intake manifold and injectors was alot more work, especially with hard to access nuts and bolts. I lost a few sockets and bits in the engine bay because of that (not in the engine, but just lodged somewhere).