Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
And like I said, start off with something finer than 600 grit, I thought it was going to be subtle enough but it was a bit rough, maybe try crokus cloth even. And watch the edges, the paint on that sucker is THIN!

RenegadeLatino

obsessed with black
Car(s)
BMP 2008 GTI
A note on the debadging. I did this on an A4 I used to have and I used Goo-Gone to remove the remaining gooey stuff left from the double-sided tape holding on the badges. It was a warm day and I just drenched the badges with the goo gone and just wiggled them till they came off. Then used more goo gone to remove the remaining sticky stuff and it looked great. Didn't damage the paint or wax or anything like that. Worked for me.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
A note on the debadging. I did this on an A4 I used to have and I used Goo-Gone to remove the remaining gooey stuff left from the double-sided tape holding on the badges. It was a warm day and I just drenched the badges with the goo gone and just wiggled them till they came off. Then used more goo gone to remove the remaining sticky stuff and it looked great. Didn't damage the paint or wax or anything like that. Worked for me.
:thumbup: Thats what I used too.

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I took no offence to it, the symbol was a group thing. The reason only one side is open is to show the comparrison, I did the two and then put a stock one back in to show the diff. Yeah I did the grill strip myself, but it keeps pitting in red, lol I actually JUST got done stripping the paint off, I still smell like acetone. Cant seem to paint it without it pitting snd showing red.

lol, me too. :iono:

I personally like my rear wiper but not everyone does, good one to add to the list, but first youve got to give a semi-detailed description.:wink:

Really, just a single LED? Thats pretty bright for just a single! Did you notice a diff in the amount of light? I might be interested in doing that one!:thumbup:

I did the same thing with the single led model WLED-WHP LED.

Does not add any light output at all, just really changes the color. If you have the euro spec change and turn on the turn signals, they are a bit brighter. I have bright white in now and it looks nice.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Ah, Im looking for something brighter.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
They have brighter bulbs at that site. However, they warn not to house in the area we are talking about as it may melt the housing.
Yeah and Ive heard way to many horror stories about that, the oem housings are not all that expensive but its money spent and not worth it. I have yellow lenses on mine and Im trying to brighten them up, I was thinking with that projector set up, but thats a little expensive.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
can you post some pics? i wanna see the turnout
And now its raining outside!!!:mad0259:
Just enough to not be able to take pics.
If it clears up, I'll at least snap a picture with my phone and post it up.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Do those parking (city) leds work without side markers? I have heard they will work fine but you have to have halogen in the sidemarkers... I colormatched mine black and took the bulbs out (sidemarkers) ... can I get away with LEDs in the parking lights?? Thanks

I took no offence to it, the symbol was a group thing. The reason only one side is open is to show the comparrison, I did the two and then put a stock one back in to show the diff. Yeah I did the grill strip myself, but it keeps pitting in red, lol I actually JUST got done stripping the paint off, I still smell like acetone. Cant seem to paint it without it pitting snd showing red.

lol, me too. :iono:

I personally like my rear wiper but not everyone does, good one to add to the list, but first youve got to give a semi-detailed description.:wink:

Really, just a single LED? Thats pretty bright for just a single! Did you notice a diff in the amount of light? I might be interested in doing that one!:thumbup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Do those parking (city) leds work without side markers? I have heard they will work fine but you have to have halogen in the sidemarkers... I colormatched mine black and took the bulbs out (sidemarkers) ... can I get away with LEDs in the parking lights?? Thanks

Check in your handbook and see what all is on the sidemarker and parking light circuit, if the LED's dont work then you may just have to wire in a resistor, not a big deal.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Oh, just took pics btw, I'll ge them loaded up so you guys can check it out.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
HAHA!! Got it! O.k. basically just get a piece of sand paper, 600 grit or higher, maybe even crokus cloth, remove your gti grill, use warm soapy water and lightly wet sand the glossy black part with smooth even strokes going from left to right. Keep an eye on the corners, curvs and edges because the paint is very thin on this grill piece. DO NOT SAND HARD! Only minimal pressure is needed. Only sand a little bit, then wash it off to check your progress. It will be very hard to see your progress with it wet and soapy, the grill center will always look glossy when its wet, so wash it off let it dry in the sun for a minute and then proceed again. I must have washed mine off about 10 times before I was done, this insures that youre not wearing through the paint and shows you the spots you missed, the spots you need more on, and the spots you did too much. The entire process including the removal of the grill took about 30-45 min, and that includes letting it dry repeatedly.

let me know what you guys think!:thumbup: