GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Poor Mans Mod Page

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Raven, still got that other set of bulbs?

This is a good thread btw.

Thanks, I was hoping this thread would be appreciated.
Which bulbs? Ive purchased a few sets recently.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
tinting your rear lights is good and cheap.
I was thinking about putting this down, but I wanted to look into it more to see how much the paint costs, because most people dont have the right paint and would have to buy it. How much did your paint cost an what kind is it?

Benny! wtf happened to your tires lol
Looks like ice to me. There is a very inexpensive mod for icy tires too, you just heat up some water. . . . .:biggrin:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
You said you bought 2 sets of those whiter back up lights, I was wondering if you wanted to sell me the other set.

Oh sorry man, I meant one set, two bulbs. Here I'll post up the link of where to get them. Im going to be ordering more too, like the bulbs for under the dash, I put in some of the LED blue ones today but if you put in both bilbs, they dont work, so I have one blue bulb on the passenger side. Then maybe I'll look into brighter interior lights. Does anyone know if your brake lights and turn signals are 1156?

Oh Minus, heres the page:
http://stores.ebay.com/superlumination

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
I was thinking about putting this down, but I wanted to look into it more to see how much the paint costs, because most people dont have the right paint and would have to buy it. How much did your paint cost an what kind is it?

Looks like ice to me. There is a very inexpensive mod for icy tires too, you just heat up some water. . . . .:biggrin:

i used a can of tint spray and did 4 layers mate

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
its overspray from the paint lol i needed new tyres so i cba masking the entire tyre haha

LMAO!. See theres another cheap DIY, whitewall rims! I can tell Benny is cheap DIYer! You go Benny!

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
heres another:

go to the scrap yard get a set of sidelight connectors drill holes through your head lights in the empty gap and bam

now you have 4 sidelights :p

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I like that sidelight idea. Im putting that in the list on the first page. Let me know how much it is for tail light smoke spray and I'll add that too if its cheap enough. I guess you could hook that side light up to a seperate switch as well, that would look cool to just be running that at night.:thumbup:
You should explain a little more of how you did it though.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
well a can of tint spray is like £5 in england... ill do a write up of the sidelights soon id do it now but its 3am here in england haha btw the sidelights are hooked up to my fogs which are after market cause vwofuk are overpriced

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
well a can of tint spray is like £5 in england... ill do a write up of the sidelights soon id do it now but its 3am here in england haha btw the sidelights are hooked up to my fogs which are after market cause vwofuk are overpriced
Awesome, I just put it up, I need to do some full write ups on these and put the list as links to them.