GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I should really just ask the guy, but I was trying to avoid calling him. Feel like I've called and asked 100 questions this week.

But, they do their thing with upping the rev limiter dropping the fan switch as much fueling/timing as the stock ecu can handle and a couple other random things like removing the reverse speed limter. But said I needed that little blinky box if I really wanted to 'fine tune' for my elevation and weather. But he didn't say how. Could it just do it itself?

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
I go back to work next Thursday so I got myself some things to build this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
you can get a mount to stick the wideband in the tail pipe for tuning purposes.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Have I mentioned how whiney kids on the mk7 forums are? Moderating there is frustrating. That is all.

Yeah, it's a shitty place.

There’s been a ton of spam on here lately, same thing over there?

I haven't really seen any random spam posts, so either it's not happening over there or the mods are cleaning it up quickly before I see it. More like stuff similar to this:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35967

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Was actually about to post about that..... Can you see what the original post said? We were just talking about it here :lol:

(I work there if you're not familiar lol)

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
No idea, headlights were drop shipped. Never heard from the guy and they were delivered on the 10th :iono:

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
(I work there if you're not familiar lol)

Just to pass on some info to someone who might know who the right people to talk to about it are, I just signed up for a brand new account at ShopDAP.com. The email I received welcoming me started out as follows:

Dear {{htmlescape var=$customer.name}},

I got a lol out of it, but the next guy might not be so jovial about it.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Just to pass on some info to someone who might know who the right people to talk to about it are, I just signed up for a brand new account at ShopDAP.com. The email I received welcoming me started out as follows:

I got a lol out of it, but the next guy might not be so jovial about it.

Yup :mad:

We just changed over to a new website and there are a metric shit ton of bugs we're working though. The web people kinda fucked us a bit on it, but thanks for the heads up.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Yup :mad:

We just changed over to a new website and there are a metric shit ton of bugs we're working though. The web people kinda fucked us a bit on it, but thanks for the heads up.
That's terrible. I hate it when I take over a new client as thier IT Master and find the last guy(s) left me a mess to clean up, rather than actual documentation. I might be a little behind on my own documentation but even a wrench turner could come in, follow my instructions and fix most common issues.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
That's terrible. I hate it when I take over a new client as thier IT Master and find the last guy(s) left me a mess to clean up, rather than actual documentation. I might be a little behind on my own documentation but even a wrench turner could come in, follow my instructions and fix most common issues.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's been a nightmare to say the least, seems like everyday we're coming up with more issues than we've been able to resolve. :barf: