GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Random question. Do you all replace the strut mounts every time you mess with your suspension? Or is it based on mileage/age? I'm going to be throwing new springs on soon, but my car only has 11k miles on it.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I don't think I did when I did my suspension at 20k, but they may make stiffer mounts for a Mk7 that could be worth it. Then again, if you don't want increased NVH, probably not. I'd at least get new strut bearings since you're right there and they're not really expensive.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I don't think I did when I did my suspension at 20k, but they may make stiffer mounts for a Mk7 that could be worth it. Then again, if you don't want increased NVH, probably not. I'd at least get new strut bearings since you're right there and they're not really expensive.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking; strut bearings and new pinch hardware.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Adam

Are you going to install your springs yourself? I bought a install hardware kit from DAP and barley used any of it, I don't know if you've already bought your supplies but I could sell you these bolts/nuts for cheap

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep

Rubberzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Adam

Are you going to install your springs yourself? I bought a install hardware kit from DAP and barley used any of it, I don't know if you've already bought your supplies but I could sell you these bolts/nuts for cheap

I have not ordered anything yet. Shoot me a PM with what you've got and a price.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey Jordan, remove your snow guard and you'll be able to hear some intake noises. Not as loud as my BSH on the MKV, but at least I can hear something now. Sound gets louder with an aftermarket drop-in filter and removing the hood weather seal as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTevKRMGPQ