GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Would be nice if they could just go back to racing in China, I always liked the track; it's a shame they couldn't get Portimao to replace it.

Ehh, way bigger loss was the Sepang Malaysia track, that was a sick track... very slim chance they will ever go back. I am sure hope we will get another Portimao race in the next few years or so....

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Ehh, way bigger loss was the Sepang Malaysia track, that was a sick track... very slim chance they will ever go back. I am sure hope we will get another Portimao race in the next few years or so....
I agree 1000%, Sepang was amazing. It hurt seeing it removed from the calendar, so many awesome races there.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
watched this the other night, it rules. little over an hour long talking in depth about the mp4/4 with a few of the designers and one of the mechanics of the car.

went on my watch later list when you posted it, finally found time to watch last night. excellent video, loved hearing them start to ramble about the little things.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
idk if y'all buy scale models of stuff but bburago now has 1:43 F1 cars at target for like $10.

i've personally seen mercedes, ferrari, and red bull in stock for both team drivers for each and a buddy of mine has picked up a bottas alfa romeo.

quality is rly good for the price. def something you can have on a desk at work. and it's not just a generic car with the livery applied like you'd expect at this price point, the cars are modeled faithfully.

1674566542928.png

1674566553471.png

1674566653940.png

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Dang, only $10? I might have to immortalize that F1-75 then.... sexiest goddamn car of 2022.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
So Audi, RB/Ford and potentially Andretti/Cadillac for 2026, all this excitement and we still have 3 more seasons under the current regs.

RB has their launch tomorrow, supposedly a change in livery is happening. Apparently very few internal employees other than those that do the livery design or will be at the launch know what it looks like. Maybe they found a matte panel gap tape that matches the matte paintwork.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
So Audi, RB/Ford and potentially Andretti/Cadillac for 2026, all this excitement and we still have 3 more seasons under the current regs.

RB has their launch tomorrow, supposedly a change in livery is happening. Apparently very few internal employees other than those that do the livery design or will be at the launch know what it looks like. Maybe they found a matte panel gap tape that matches the matte paintwork.

They're gonna go with sugar-free colors this year. Big shake up.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
im okay with it. the marlboro scheme in F1 ran for like 25 years unchanged and it's considered an all-timer. dont fix whats not broken.

also we wont see the actual car until testing, which i assume will jut be an evolution of the RB18 instead of something drastic.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I personally don't care, but I bet there are PLENTY of people that are fuming having sat through the launch expecting something different. Kudos to RB and their marketing team to get everyone to tune in after teasing the black and white photo of the car over social media.

The US races are supposed to be a one off livery that someone/fan(s) get to design. That'll be interesting, I kind of hope a 5 year old gets to do it.