IBneedsmoarlow

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Totally kidding. Looks great, man.

Car(s)
Subaru
So I finally got these aligned today. I wanted to make sure I broke everything in first haha. They said they couldn't adjust the front camber though. It's not out but I want just curious, how do the guys that go slammed adjust it, or do you? Just out of curiosity

Car(s)
Subaru
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356121554.978184.jpg

I need help. My car now is pulling to the left. I told them I'm bringing it back. First I need to take a much needed dump. Can I get help on what all the settings should be? Maybe cause its lowered I can't use the original settings... I have no clue.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
In for more info. I'm lowered on Neuspeed Sports which look to have a similar drop. I have way more negative camber than I want (tires are visibly canted inward at the tops, front and rear) and that has contributed to bad off-the-line traction up front and lots of camber wear in the rear. I'm curious if I can get closer to zero degrees camber. I'm not looking for max grip in a turn, just a flatter contact patch for better K04FWDLOL hook and less tire wear.

Car(s)
Subaru
In for more info. I'm lowered on Neuspeed Sports which look to have a similar drop. I have way more negative camber than I want (tires are visibly canted inward at the tops, front and rear) and that has contributed to bad off-the-line traction up front and lots of camber wear in the rear. I'm curious if I can get closer to zero degrees camber. I'm not looking for max grip in a turn, just a flatter contact patch for better K04FWDLOL hook and less tire wear.

ok, so i just got home from tire discounter and it turned out that my alignment was so bad before that it wore my tires. they rotated them and it now goes almost perfectly strait... but my tires are loud as crap now. im taking donations for new tires :biggrin:

you cant go 0.0 camber in the front i guess. i was reading while i waited and found that the front is pretty much stuck at -1

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Sub'd. I'll be getting some Teins come tax time. had a set on my xB and my buddies TSX and loved them. I want to see how this alignment turns out.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Ok, so I just got home from tire discounter and it turned out that my alignment was so bad before that it wore my tires. They rotated them and it now goes almost perfectly straight but my tires are loud as crap now. I'm taking donations for new tires :biggrin:

You can't go 0.0 camber in the front I guess. I was reading while I was waiting and found that the front is pretty much stuck at -1.

Yeah, -1° is factory spec for the front. You won't be able to adjust it unless you get camber plates or the Audi TT lower control arms (I think these are the ones).

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Yeah, -1° is factory spec for the front. You won't be able to adjust it unless you get camber plates or the Audi TT lower control arms (I think these are the ones).

I thought those TT c. arms added negative camber by making the lower control arms longer than regular ones? Do they also allow for greater adjustability? :iono:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
View attachment 88500

I need help. My car now is pulling to the left. I told them I'm bringing it back. First I need to take a much needed dump. Can I get help on what all the settings should be? Maybe cause its lowered I can't use the original settings... I have no clue.

I don't believe it's pulling left when you release the steering wheel. It's turning left
when you're steering straight, right?

These are two different things. :wink:

Camber and caster are almost perfect. It's just the toe settings which are crappy.
I wonder why the shop didn't correct them as toe is easy to adjust both on front
and rear. No need to content oneself with these poor values.

It doesn't matter if you have +0.04° or +0.06° of toe in, the point is you have
them equal on both left and right !!

Visit the shop again. If they anyway adjust the toe in settings get the rear camber
aligned as well. I'd recommend -1.2° to -1.3° for less and more even tire wear.

BTW, more ride height > less front camber > less tire wear. :lol:

TT arms are NO tire wear solution. TT arms increase camber, not just add adjustability.
On a lowered GTI you will at least get -2° of camber with them.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Thank you for the additional info, the bruce et al.

The bruce, so are you saying there's no way for a lowered gti to get closer to zero degrees camber other than with camber plates? I know that wouldn't be ideal for handling but I want a flatter contact patch for straight line traction above all else at this point.