GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TEIN S. TECH springs

Car(s)
Subaru
I would seriously advice you to either trim them or buying shorter bump stops.
DanGSR even said once ( IIRC) that you don't even need them.
I installed H&R supersports and they are basically the same drop, and my stock bumpstops are crumbling down to pieces because I forgot to trim them

thanks. ill prolly just trim them in half or something.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Do these sag significantly over time? I know that some Teins ended up settling excessively leading to wicked droopybutt in Subaru applications a few years ago. I also remember there being an issue with counterfeit Teins being on the market and possibly being the springs that sagged excessively.

Because there might still be counterfeits floating around, be absolutely certain you buy from a reputable seller and not some fly by night jdmtastic sketchball website or Taiwan-based ebay seller.

Car(s)
Subaru
Do these sag significantly over time? I know that some Teins ended up settling excessively leading to wicked droopybutt in Subaru applications a few years ago. I also remember there being an issue with counterfeit Teins being on the market and possibly being the springs that sagged excessively.

Because there might still be counterfeits floating around, be absolutely certain you buy from a reputable seller and not some fly by night jdmtastic sketchball website or Taiwan-based ebay seller.

tein says they wont sag, but if they do, im guessing i can send them back :iono:

i bought them from usp motorsports. not sure if there was a cheaper place to buy them or not, but i think theyre safe of counterfeits.

Sandtoes

Dubber since 1986
Car(s)
2006 GTI-Tornado Red

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
^ Nice. Thanks for the longterm update!

DJ Spice

Ready to race!
Car(s)
My Fast
Very happy with mine! comfortable ride, not bouncy and using stock shocks. I do have some turning noise, very slight though. I would recomend these

Sent from my 06 GTI using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337644234117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337644234117.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 819
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337644269605.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337644269605.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 786
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337644307445.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337644307445.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 792

Sandtoes

Dubber since 1986
Car(s)
2006 GTI-Tornado Red
Nice - another TR on TEINS in the OC!

mark920

Ready to race!
Has anyone paired these with koni Str.t dampers? I am curious as to how these would work with those, also arent the spring rates for these super soft compared to most? I believe they are 160lbs in the front and 210lbs in the rear, where most performance coilovers I have seen for this car have 300lbs plus springs?

Sandtoes

Dubber since 1986
Car(s)
2006 GTI-Tornado Red
Koni Str.t's were another choice, but at the time when I wanted to install the springs, they were not available yet for the MkV. They might be a good choice. As far as spring rates, a higher spring rate would be great on a track where its mostly smooth, but would be harsh on the street where road conditions are less than ideal. The lower spring rate is a compromise for street conditions and comfort. I remember reading - an ultra stiff suspension taking a long sweeping freeway on-ramp with lots of bumps will feel like its shifting sideways as it goes over bumps while turning.

Car(s)
Subaru
i get my teins today. its raining here though so ill have to wait till later to install them. ill post pics of before and after too

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Not a moment too soon! You could fly a jumbo jet through that wheel gap, lol.

Car(s)
Subaru
Not a moment too soon! You could fly a jumbo jet through that wheel gap, lol.

yeah, i was talking with my friend who has a gti exactly like mine and i showed him that i can stick a fist in that gap. sad news though, i couldnt find my spring compressors. today was a long day and i was really wanting this done cause my gti looks like a mini suv.

Last edited:

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Good luck. Post updates asap.