GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Swapping FSI from my totaled GTI.

eickhoffj11

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, looking for some advice and some opinions. I totaled my 2008 Gti ( FSI bpy 2.0T engine) right after putting a new KO3 on it. It ran great and now it's destroyed sitting by my garage. I have a new mk7 but I'm looking to buy a 2008 2.5 rabbit as my winter car. In the future, would it be sensible to swap the 2.0t FSI into the rabbit shell? I have the ecu, dash, and I'd imagine everything I need to do it. Overhead crane, forklift, but I don't want to attempt it if it's not possible or even reasonable.

The rabbit I'm looking at has 189000mi but the body looks like 80,000mi no rust or even scratches or dents. One owner well maintained.

Lmk what you think!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
It's not a quick project by any means and may require some coding/flashing from the dealership. Only issue I could see would be the trans. But if you have the entire harness, engine, ECU and gauge cluster there's no reason it wouldn't work. You would be better off swapping the trans from the GTI as well. At that point the only issue would be the body control modules, etc.

if you have ecu and cluster and all the wiring harness, it should work. minor vcds stuff should accommodate most everything else, (well I'm like 90% sure on trans coding, worse case I think would be a dtc, probably not even a cel). or you could get your ecu immobilizer defeated and then you wouldn't have to mess with the cluster swap