GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stuck on color

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
you act as if I don't know. I had a black MKV Jetta before the GTI and it was a bitch to maintain it clean. the car gets dirty right after I wash it. the hard part is maintaining the car to STAY clean.

i dont know where you live but my car aint getting dirty unless it rains/snows, otherwise it stays clean.

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
please dont get denvers they are so damn fugly lol sorry but its what I think and for the color just flip a coin, both are hot! but white has more class! black is sportier.

Ah yes, but the Denvers are lighter than 18s. Lighter is faster which means less time for people to look at them!

I actually wish I could get 16" wheels with stick 225 or even 245 performance tires from the factory. :wink:

Anyways, the only reason I didn't get the VOTEX kit, is because I have to parallel park a lot and the molded plastic deals better with people tapping into it better than paint. Well that and the over $1000 to add more performance robbing weight to my car.

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
i dont know where you live but my car aint getting dirty unless it rains/snows, otherwise it stays clean.

SoCal is very dusty. Black takes a lot of work. However if you like black, it's worth it, and I like black more than Johnny Cash.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Oh man. Having to choose between Black and White was the hardest thing for me. I will say this , though. There's nothing better than the shine from a clean BMP GTI.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
CW is a great choice, less work and looks amazing. White looks more exotic...

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
The problem with long island, new York is on my current car which is beige he whole bottom of the car is covered in tar and road crap which is almost always black. So I figure if I get a black car illnever really see it

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
Just my 2 cents....I wanted either BMP or UG as my first 2 choices. My last choice was white. Well, the only 4 door with leather and mtx that the dealer had was Candy White, so I went ahead and bought it. Now that I'm used to seeing it, you couldn't trade me for another color at all!!!!! I love my Candy White GTI !!!! It really "pops" out when I look at my job's parking lot...lots of black and grey and red cars....hardly any white....and the white cars that are out there aren't as bright white as the Candy White color. Oh, and as far as white being a girly color? what would you rather attract...girls or guys? I'm not sayin.....just sayin....know what I mean? lol

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
White looks more exotic...

White is the most common color produced for all cars/trucks.

Candy white looks GREAT, but it's not "exotic".

Purple, bright yellow, lime green etc, are exotic colors. At least colors that only look remotely approriate on exotic cars.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
White is the most common color produced for all cars/trucks.

Candy white looks GREAT, but it's not "exotic".

Purple, bright yellow, lime green etc, are exotic colors. At least colors that only look remotely approriate on exotic cars.

The reason white looks more exotic on a GTI is because it accentuates the styling whereas the black allows the styling features to blend in.

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Car(s)
2008 Volkswagen GTI
The reason white looks more exotic on a GTI is because it accentuates the styling whereas the black allows the styling features to blend in.

I think the word you are looking for is "contrast" not exotic. :wink:

Definitely agree the contrast is nice. Stealth is nice too though. :cool:

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Best of both worlds?:headbang:

Attachments

• 88023019.SdYhWq0p.IMG_0531small.jpg
    88023019.SdYhWq0p.IMG_0531small.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 88023010.bfIYwhcD.IMG_0513small.jpg
    88023010.bfIYwhcD.IMG_0513small.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 110

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I really like the contrast of the front end on cw gti's. However, nothing looks as good as a freshly washed black car. Tough choice.

ubergeek

broadcasting LIVE
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI APR Tuned
i have BMP.....but the more i see CW, I somewhat think i made the wrong decision....especially with color-matched lower valances or Votex kit. CW is subtle yet classy in the same breath. Too late for that now...i'll just paint my Votex and call it a day. Don't get me wrong...I still heart BMP it's just there's less definition that CW gives off.