GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speedo Reflash

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
Dealer flashed my cluster to address the speedo reading too fast.

Drove along side a NB today and it was within 1-2 MPH at 30, 60, and 70mph.

Before I compared to someone else's volvo @ 80mph and I was indicating 5-7mph faster.

Other people having good experiences with this too?

untchablecs

Ready to race!
Do you have an 06' or 07'? I have an 07' with 17's but am upgrading to 18's so wont that clear up the speedo problem a little bit? And to tell you the truth I'm used to the speedo being off and adjust my speed accordingly. It's 5mph off from 50mph up to about 80mph then above 80 its about 7mph off. I think i'm going to wait till I get my 18's installed then use my MFD to see how the bigger wheels affect the speedo.

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
Do you have an 06' or 07'? I have an 07' with 17's but am upgrading to 18's so wont that clear up the speedo problem a little bit? And to tell you the truth I'm used to the speedo being off and adjust my speed accordingly. It's 5mph off from 50mph up to about 80mph then above 80 its about 7mph off. I think i'm going to wait till I get my 18's installed then use my MFD to see how the bigger wheels affect the speedo.

It's an 06.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I've just sent in an email to the service dept of the dealer where I purchased my car asking if I can have this done to my car..

For some reason I have a feeling that they wont know what I'm talking about...

I've been waiting for this fix for quite some time!

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

nomios

Touring Car Champion
I have done the update and I can say that it helps, but speedo is still off more than most cars.

Here are some numbers naughtyGTI sent me. He used his GPS to get these:

30 was 29
40 was 38
70 was 67
80 was 76
90 was 85

Whether you have 17's or 18's is not going to make much difference since they are both still essentially the same overall diameter.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Seems very common. Is this flash supposed to be for 07's? Did they give the TSB number on your receipt if it's different than the 07 one?

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
VW came out with another one later that week for 2006 and 2007, same process as the 2007 one.

didnt work in my car useing vag

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Didn't work on mine either using the Vag.