GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Semting Headunit

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
damn fellas, hate to see this happen AGAIN... i, too was going to buy this unit but other things came up (now i'm glad it did) because I would be super pissed....

best of luck to everyone

yettavr6

Passed Driver's Ed
I suggest you all contact your credit card company and see about getting a refund. I know with AMEX at least, on most of their cards they will refund you for something that you would like to return but are not able to. They also double the warranty on most things. When my iPod died I called AMEX and they just refunded me the purchase price. I didn't even have to send it to them or anything.

Mpbsr

Ready to race!
I suggest you all contact your credit card company and see about getting a refund. I know with AMEX at least, on most of their cards they will refund you for something that you would like to return but are not able to. They also double the warranty on most things. When my iPod died I called AMEX and they just refunded me the purchase price. I didn't even have to send it to them or anything.

Good call...:thumbsup:

Semting

Audio & Video
I rerouted the support button on Semting.com to the manager of the factories email, unlike Oscar I HAVEN'T left a bunch of units sitting at my house with people who paid for them, every single person who ordered a unit received a unit and (for the most part) have been happy. The propelling factors in my life have left me in a postion where I am unable to support these units, therefore I have given several people who seek support the name and contact details of the manager of the factory who I had/have to deal with on a daily basis regarding ongoing issues and refunds.

My refund policy was clear from the start, those who bought the units agreed to that policy. I understand some of you may be frustrated as I have been an invisible force (or lack thereof) on the forums recently. Some of you maybe have noticed that I sold my MKV and most of my other worldy possessions. Unlike Oscar I didn't do this to make a quick dollar; I have tried to support those who come to me with issues as far as I personally can. Due to the nature of the complexity of these units I can't support them as much as I would like to, as I don't even have the capabilities to fix them with my own tools.

I would like to point out the fact that I never made any money from any of this, yes I did make some on unit sales but those were almost entirely negated by shipping costs, repairs, refunds etc. The reason I chose to shut down Semting was the fact I didn't feel any of you were getting the support you deserved. I attempted to hire someone full time to offer support but when that fell through I was left with very few options. Those of you who have contacted me, for example, Steve can tell you that I have given the contact details of the manager (which I will post here for all of you again)

Lisa Huang
carnavigationdvd@hotmail (email and MSN).

Although some of you feel like I am being unfair, let me put this into perspective for all of you. Chattmkv nailed the hammer on the head when he said the Chinese factory is hard to deal with. If you compared the amount of time I have sunk in to Semting versus the profit I have gained, it would look more like the recent balance sheet of congress more than anything else. Now considering I have not only taken losses on this, but offered support as far as I am capable without dealing with the manager, offered many replacements (I think the record is 3 replacement units for one purchase) and spent a lot of my time which I am not being paid for to help people out, I think its fair. I have given you the contact details, yes some people have been left in the cold in regards to non-functional units, which I have given them the contact details to get fixed. Not a single person, and I can say this with confidence, is at a position where they have paid for a unit and not gotten anything. I have NOT left anyone empty-handed. As much as many of you would like to think a non-functioning LED light or some missing steering wheel controls are the end of the world, the reality is it's a FIX. I will reiterate one more time, here are the contact details of the manager, it is she who I deal/dealt with and it is SHE who makes the repair calls, not me. I have thrown my fairly minimal weight around already trying to get people repairs when she doesn't think they are necessary (and to some level I see her point).

In closing, I shut down the orders because it was eating up a ton of my time, and I had nothing to show for it. I didn't make money, in fact I'm in the red. I have given you all details on how to contact the manager, and if you would like, she is the best person to go through for repairs. As far as MSPBR talking about how they won't honor the warranty, that is their own warranty policy, so they will. Sorry for the inconvenience.

tl;dr Warranty is still fine, contact the factory manager, I wish I could still have the time to support you guys but I don't, the manager will help you out as I dealt with her for everything. Contact details are above.

DaLurker

Ready to race!
Rory,

Thanks for the explanation and the contact information. I think if you've been more forthcoming with this information in the past things would not have escalated to this point.

I hope you can get back on your feet as soon as possible. Good luck.

DaLurker

I rerouted the support button on Semting.com to the manager of the factories email, unlike Oscar I HAVEN'T left a bunch of units sitting at my house with people who paid for them, every single person who ordered a unit received a unit and (for the most part) have been happy. The propelling factors in my life have left me in a postion where I am unable to support these units, therefore I have given several people who seek support the name and contact details of the manager of the factory who I had/have to deal with on a daily basis regarding ongoing issues and refunds.

My refund policy was clear from the start, those who bought the units agreed to that policy. I understand some of you may be frustrated as I have been an invisible force (or lack thereof) on the forums recently. Some of you maybe have noticed that I sold my MKV and most of my other worldy possessions. Unlike Oscar I didn't do this to make a quick dollar; I have tried to support those who come to me with issues as far as I personally can. Due to the nature of the complexity of these units I can't support them as much as I would like to, as I don't even have the capabilities to fix them with my own tools.

I would like to point out the fact that I never made any money from any of this, yes I did make some on unit sales but those were almost entirely negated by shipping costs, repairs, refunds etc. The reason I chose to shut down Semting was the fact I didn't feel any of you were getting the support you deserved. I attempted to hire someone full time to offer support but when that fell through I was left with very few options. Those of you who have contacted me, for example, Steve can tell you that I have given the contact details of the manager (which I will post here for all of you again)

Lisa Huang

Although some of you feel like I am being unfair, let me put this into perspective for all of you. Chattmkv nailed the hammer on the head when he said the Chinese factory is hard to deal with. If you compared the amount of time I have sunk in to Semting versus the profit I have gained, it would look more like the recent balance sheet of congress more than anything else. Now considering I have not only taken losses on this, but offered support as far as I am capable without dealing with the manager, offered many replacements (I think the record is 3 replacement units for one purchase) and spent a lot of my time which I am not being paid for to help people out, I think its fair. I have given you the contact details, yes some people have been left in the cold in regards to non-functional units, which I have given them the contact details to get fixed. Not a single person, and I can say this with confidence, is at a position where they have paid for a unit and not gotten anything. I have NOT left anyone empty-handed. As much as many of you would like to think a non-functioning LED light or some missing steering wheel controls are the end of the world, the reality is it's a FIX. I will reiterate one more time, here are the contact details of the manager, it is she who I deal/dealt with and it is SHE who makes the repair calls, not me. I have thrown my fairly minimal weight around already trying to get people repairs when she doesn't think they are necessary (and to some level I see her point).

In closing, I shut down the orders because it was eating up a ton of my time, and I had nothing to show for it. I didn't make money, in fact I'm in the red. I have given you all details on how to contact the manager, and if you would like, she is the best person to go through for repairs. As far as MSPBR talking about how they won't honor the warranty, that is their own warranty policy, so they will. Sorry for the inconvenience.

tl;dr Warranty is still fine, contact the factory manager, I wish I could still have the time to support you guys but I don't, the manager will help you out as I dealt with her for everything. Contact details are above.

vwcars

Ready to race!

Lisa Huang

Rory,the unit owner is szenco.com ?
Can i talk to them to solve some little problem? directly ?

NO LMTZ

Ready to race!
I am learning more and more as I search that I may be SOL, but if someone has these cables and won't be using it please let me know I am still looking for a set. If you had a unit that is no longer working it would be a way to get a little money back :smile:

NO LMTZ

Ready to race!
Is there any one that know of a way to either remake the cable harness or know of a company that sells something similar. I have been doing a lot of searching and have yet to find a solution to my problem other than getting a replacement, which will be pretty difficult. It sucks to have everything wired, but yet be so far away. Any help would be appreciated.